Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New date for Worthing match

+7
pete mac
tovid
LB
2weirdtown
Micawber
Jon_BOA
comrade powell
11 posters

Go down

New date for Worthing match Empty New date for Worthing match

Post by comrade powell Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:47 pm

https://www.bathcityfc.com/fixture-news-11/

I can’t ever recall a match being rearranged for the Christmas/New Year period. With such short notice many may be working and others, like myself, will be away visiting or hosting families. Coming on the back of the Dartford ko change I’m very disappointed.

Last edited by comrade powell on Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

New date for Worthing match Empty Re: New date for Worthing match

Post by Jon_BOA Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:54 pm

I am 100% in agreement Martin, I can accept one being squeezed in as we're losing games, but a 3pm kick off on a working day is beyond the pale. People can accept being away when games happen - I haven't seen us win since September as I was on holiday! - but putting it on a working day when a large number of people will be working is poor.

Can't imagine some of the players will be happy either, as I imagine many of them will also be at work. This season with the rail strikes, late moving of games for a World Cup, and generally poor football on display is starting to push my patience.

Jon_BOA

comrade powell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:15 pm

I've complained to the Club and I encourage others to do the same. Taking supporters for granted is never a good move...
comrade powell
comrade powell

SASCHA likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Micawber Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:40 pm

I can see why the club has done this, not that I necessarily agree with the decision. Large numbers of people these days don't work Christmas week and will be able to attend. I personally am much more likely to go to the game that afternoon than if it was rearranged for a January or February evening. For one reason or another we have had no 3pm kickoffs since the Dover match and this Saturdays Trophy match will almost certainly be postponed until Tuesday. It will be interesting to see what the crowd turns out to be but I suspect it will be more than it would have been on a cold winters night.

Micawber

comrade powell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:47 pm

I am more likely to attend this one now as there will only be the one drive in the dark.
When I was working we always had that week off.
Also, I haven't been able to get to the Boxing day fixture for years as Christmas with family comes first in our house!
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:22 pm

According to the National League fixtures Chippenham are playing at Braintree at the same time.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:40 pm

They surely must have checked what the players prefer before arranging a 3pm ko. I would have thought it would have been a better gate kicking off later say 7.15.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:36 pm

When you think that we have had so few home games (and therefore income) I can understand why the club have done this. I know it is useless if you are working or had holiday plans.

I suspect we’ll get a better crowd than a Tuesday night in January/February - indeed we have other games to fit in.

I can make this but totally sympathise with those who can’t.

I suspect we need the cash so………

pete mac

Luton Roman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Newman Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:20 pm

Since both us and Chippenham are playing that day there might be some merit in the New Year day fixture being played on 2nd as that is a public holiday. Appreciate other factors mean that would not be possible anyway.

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:56 pm

Good crowd seeming to vindicate the decision to play. Certainly a bigger crowd than a Tues night in January.
We've won and dropped points in the last minute but always gutting to lose them. Fair result overall?

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by SASCHA Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:13 pm

Martin I didn't see this topic before this evening but certainly agree with your decision to challenge the club on the decision to spring this 3pm game on us.
I can only assume that Mr Gills comments about this kick off time were directed at you. Apparently you were stirring things up and it was a nonsense. I really can't take to this man

SASCHA

threeday week likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:03 am

We thought it was a fair result, just disappointing that we couldn't hold out.
We contained them very well for 60 minutes and looked the more threatening on the break but then they upped their game with more movement and caused us more problems. They were obviously looking for the win but this also gave us a bit more space up front which Coxy exploited. He hardly had a touch before that so well played for keeping focused.
Elliot stuck to his task at right wing back and Dan Greenslade had another terrific game but then everyone was better than in the chipnum game.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:25 am

Pleased to hear that it was an improvement on the performance against Chippenham and hopefully we can take that into Sunday’s match.
Not sure if the manager’s comments were directed against me - there were plenty on social media saying the same thing. My complaint, as with the Dartford ko decision, was communicated to the Club through the SLO - that’s the whole point of that role. The Club responded explaining the reasons, most of which I fully understand.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Luton Roman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down