Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're going down to Yeovil, at least the ball's not oval...

3 posters

Go down

We're going down to Yeovil, at least the ball's not oval... Empty We're going down to Yeovil, at least the ball's not oval...

Post by City 'til we're relegated Wed May 11, 2022 11:01 am

Good to play our traditional rivals again last night.

City 'til we're relegated

Back to top Go down

We're going down to Yeovil, at least the ball's not oval... Empty Re: We're going down to Yeovil, at least the ball's not oval...

Post by pete mac Wed May 11, 2022 3:33 pm

Yes it was.

Thought they were stronger especially at the back. Fletch and Cody snuffed out. But we did have a good half hour.

Looking forward to us having a stronger more competitive squad next season.

I hadn’t been to Huish for a while - maybe 20 years. It’s as soulless a football ground as it ever was. And it looks a bit tatty now - not wearing well.

City support last night was immense.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

We're going down to Yeovil, at least the ball's not oval... Empty Re: We're going down to Yeovil, at least the ball's not oval...

Post by pete mac Wed May 11, 2022 3:35 pm

Pre match drink in Montacute where a few Citt fans were.

I was last there in the early 70s playing for Lansdown United in the Somerset Cup.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed May 11, 2022 7:14 pm

Not only does the ground look tatty, I was shocked how the town centre has deteriorated since I moved away from the area nearly 25 years ago.

Yes, despite the early goal I thought we gave it a real go in the first half and possibly played our best for some months. However we were up against it in the second and it was just a question how many they would score. Yeovil we’re certainly up for it and selected a strong team.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Wed May 11, 2022 7:50 pm

I stayed with a friend who lives in South Petherton. They shop in Yeovil now and again and say the town had its heart ripped out with the loss of Beales Department store. They mostly head to Taunton.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down