Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City 2 Chip 0

+5
kermit
Colin Voutt
tovid
comrade powell
Luton Roman
9 posters

Go down

City 2 Chip 0 Empty City 2 Chip 0

Post by Luton Roman Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:37 pm

Sounded like the type of strong performance we have been waiting for, and a clean sheet in front of a big crowd, look forward to the comments. Chip Forum reckons they didnt turn up.

Luton Roman

comrade powell likes this post

Back to top Go down

City 2 Chip 0 Empty Re: City 2 Chip 0

Post by comrade powell Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:05 pm

Chipp fans were claiming last week that our win had flattered us. Today’s result certainly flattered them as they were never in the game and we could have easily matched the four we scored at Hardenhuish.

I feared that we would badly miss Dyer but the defence were excellent and were rarely troubled.

We’ve had some tough looking fixtures in the past six weeks but what looks like an easier programme in the next six. It’s not too late to push for the play offs.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Luton Roman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:16 pm

We looked more like a team than at any point this season. Players were aware of where their colleagues would be and hence the shape was much better. Tom Smith is getting into his deeper lying role and Holness had another good game alongside him. Jo Raines was just starting to pull the strings when he had to go off. Hope he is ok.
As in the away game it was difficult to pick out a MOM as all contibuted to the overall performance.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Voutt Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:20 pm

Can anyone throw any light on the Smith & Jones yellows?

I have since situations when the chip player could have seen red for his initial tackle.

Colin Voutt

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:57 pm

I had to chuckle.....some half wit on the Chip forum says we benefited from not having to play on Boxing Day.
I assume he felt that our 4-1 demolition of his team on Boxing Day was so easy we didn't have to put in any effort.
Yes, I know what he meant to say, but it sums up the mentality.
kermit
kermit

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:22 am

Hungerford didn't play Boxing Day but Chip stuffed them on Tuesday.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:25 am

Colin Voutt wrote:Can anyone throw any light on the Smith  & Jones yellows?

I have since situations when the chip player could have seen red for his initial tackle.

I presume their player made a meal of it for that very reason. Tom Smith was in the thick of it but I understand Jones wasn't involved.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:46 am

A few extracts from the Chip Forum makes me and hopefully all City fans   bounce  cheers  sunny  City 2 Chip 0 1f600 :

No complaints from me beaten by the better side. We did (assume means didn't) create or threaten that much.
Couple of decisions for both teams that others may argue about but I was too far away.
Fairly even game until 6 mins of madness at the end of the half. Unfortunately I mentioned that Will dropped a couple of crosses Against Hungerford...
...Well he had a shocker. Tried to see out a ball for a goal kick that was never going to run resulting in a blocked shot. That’s were the nerves started.
1st goal a deflection off Parselle onto the post, hits Will and goes in. Should have held it imho.
Then after some hand bags, we switch off to allow a free run into the box for the 2nd.
Thought Hanks was poor today, lacking pace a looked tired.. They were just stronger,  especially in Midfield.

Bath weren’t that good but better than us and deserved to win. They passed the ball better had players moving giving the player with the ball options and out fought and out thought us. Afraid to say l thought we were pretty clueless throughout.

For most of the first half there wasn’t that much between the teams apart from what happened in the 6 minutes of injury time. But the second half I expected us to come out and have a real go at them and really take the game to them. But it didn’t happen. They looked a bigger stronger and more organised side. It showed that they had a rest on Boxing Day. But that shouldn’t make as much difference as it did.  But the best team has won both games. Losing twice to Bath and playing pretty poorly both games is hard to take. Doesn’t get much worse than a double defeat by our neighbours. They wanted it more. And it really showed  😩

Just one downside from the game - Why did so many attend...that ruined my "Guess The Gate" compo entry, but I was nearest;  could I have a point for that please? Laughing
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:06 pm

tovid wrote:

I presume their player made a meal of it for that very reason. Tom Smith was in the thick of it but I understand Jones wasn't involved.

I don't think the initial challenge by the Chippenham player deserved a red card and a yellow was fair. Jones stood over the 'stricken player' presumably appalled by his reaction. I couldn't understand why he was booked as he didn't appear to get involved in the following fracas. Smith and their 13 were two of many who were and I guess the ref wanted to even things up. IMO Smith was therefore unfortunate to be singled out but their 13 should have seen red as he seemed to be the main culprit in starting the nonsense but presumably wasn't seen to be violent.

Probably a minority view, but despite the above I thought the ref did ok yesterday.

Last edited by comrade powell on Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:40 pm

Where were you viewing the incident from out of interest?
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:49 pm

This is the Chippenham manager's view - I think Mark needs to give the interviewer a few lessons!

https://t.co/M4fwc7QvZy

LB

comrade powell and Beau Nash like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:06 pm

That interview must have finished around midnight! Very Happy
comrade powell
comrade powell

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:03 pm

I rarely watch opposition interviews as worry that I’ll become like the Harry Enfield ‘Only me!’ character when I have flaws myself.

I went to a game at Tunley today. Inside the opening 10 minutes a striker went for a header for goal, could see he wouldn’t reach it and clearly punched the ball. Ref spotted it and cautioned him. I spoke to the ref at half time and pointed out the same thing happened at Twerton. He knew - he was at the game. He thought the referee got that wrong but was otherwise pretty good. That’s from a neutral.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:58 am

The bottom line for me is that we don't expect players at NLS level to control the ball like Messi or finish like Lewandowsky so we shouldn't expect the officials to be of FIFA standard. The best progress to the top as in most professions. We don't crucify players for making bad errors for the next six months but the officials are expected to be perfect.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Luton Roman likes this post

Back to top Go down

City 2 Chip 0 Empty I

Post by threeday week Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:37 pm

comrade powell wrote:
tovid wrote:

I don't think the initial challenge by the Chippenham player deserved a red card and a yellow was fair. Jones stood over the 'stricken player' presumably appalled by his reaction. I couldn't understand why he was booked as he didn't appear to get involved in the following fracas. Smith and their 13 were two of many who were and I guess the ref wanted to even things up. IMO Smith was therefore unfortunate to be singled out but their 13 should have seen red as he seemed to be the main culprit in starting the nonsense but presumably wasn't seen to be violent.

Probably a minority view, but despite the above I thought the ref did ok yesterday.
I don't think I maybe wrong that Santos who committed the original foul was booked at all

threeday week

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:44 pm

Yes, I think you’re right. Makes Jones’ card even more surprising.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down