Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Money Raiser for the Supporters Society

4 posters

Go down

Money Raiser for the Supporters Society Empty Money Raiser for the Supporters Society

Post by the demon headmaster Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:55 pm

For those not on FaceBook here are details of my post there.

Two years ago I posted a song to raise money for the supporters society. As an exile I don't get to Twerton or help out as much as I would like, so this is my contribution to the good work the club and its excellent volunteers are doing for our community. The game is simple: you play, I pay. For every time the song below gets played from now until Christmas Day I will pay the Supporters Society £1 (up to the value of £150).
The song was my own attempt at writing a Christmas single last year. It is unashamedly nostalgic in feel and uses some of the stylistic features of recent songs used to promote a well-known department store! Anyway I hope you like it!

https://soundcloud.com/thisisstriipe/dads-song?utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

the demon headmaster

comrade powell, Beau Nash and Luton Roman like this post

Back to top Go down

Money Raiser for the Supporters Society Empty Re: Money Raiser for the Supporters Society

Post by the demon headmaster Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:11 pm

A quick update on my fundraiser for the Supporters Society and thanks to everyone who has listened! There have been 46 plays this week of this Christmas song, so that means £46 raised. Remember, you don't pay a thing: you play, I pay, so if you haven't seen this yet please have a listen. If you have already listened why not listen again and share with friends to see if we can make it a round £100 before the 25th.

The link to the song is in the post above. Happy Christmas!

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Money Raiser for the Supporters Society Empty Re: Money Raiser for the Supporters Society

Post by tovid Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:54 am

The song works well and builds very nicely. I like your voice and the choir section blends naturally.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:08 pm

Thanks tovid! Unfortunately, it's not me singing. I have to thanks Max Taylor for that!

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:13 pm

Yes, nice one. Well done
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

the demon headmaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OliverH Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:43 am

On behalf of the Society Committee, thank you so much for doing this!
OliverH
OliverH

the demon headmaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:53 pm

One final update before the total is posted after Christmas. Thanks for each of the 81 plays so far. This means £81 to the Supporter's Society. I'm hoping to make it a round £100, so do listen again if you liked it or share the link below to see if you can get some friends to play along. They play, I pay.

Happy Christmas to you all and C'mon you Striiiiipes!!

https://soundcloud.com/thisisstriipe/dads-song?si=a67417dee12c4125b29fa47ca48c5168&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:48 pm

for the non-FB people - the final total was £93. Thanks to everyone who supported this and let's hope for a repeat of our hammering of Chip in a couple of days. Happy New Year to you all.

the demon headmaster

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down