Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banbury away in Cup!

+5
Luton Roman
kermit
stillmanjunior
daven
comrade powell
9 posters

Go down

Banbury away in Cup! Empty Banbury away in Cup!

Post by comrade powell Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:41 pm

A pity we didn't get a home draw but another lower level club makes it very winnable.

They're 4th in SL Prem Central trailing Peterborough Sports who we lost to in the Trophy last season.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Banbury away in Cup! Empty Re: Banbury away in Cup!

Post by comrade powell Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:43 pm

Of course we went there 3 years ago in the 2QR. We won 2-0 with Ross Stearn scoring twice.

Hopefully the weather is better this time!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by daven Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:45 pm

Banbury are unbeaten so far this season.

daven

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:48 pm

So were Frome!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Steve Whites Missus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:14 pm

So were Oxford, Braintree, Dartford and Maidstone before we played them, while Shaftesbury had lost one in 12. We seem to play teams on form this season. But it could have been much worse - from a selfish point of view at least it's not the worst journey and their media people were very friendly when we played there in 2018. I desperately didn't want a team in our league again.

They are away to Bromsgrove a few days before they play us but with them also in 4Q I wouldn't be surprised if they mutually agreed to re-arrange it.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:07 pm

You may have experienced a very cosy experience with their friendly media team but there were some very unpleasant 'supporters of Banbury' who made the experience of those supporting City on the terraces a very different day out from yours.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:09 pm

Saw someone post on another forum about that when their club played away to them - I don't recall there being any mention of trouble when we last played there, otherwise I wouldn't have said anything. I watched on the terraces in our three league games there which passed without incident. Off the pitch anyway, our 3-2 win there will live long in the memory.

If it makes you feel any better I had a hellish afternoon in the press box when we played Chelmsford whereas I'm sure it was pleasant on the terraces.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

threeday week likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:48 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:

If it makes you feel any better I had a hellish afternoon in the press box when we played Chelmsford whereas I'm sure it was pleasant on the terraces.
No, not really, it doesn't.......but hey ho, sorry to hear you suffered so much!
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:17 am

A tie both teams will feel they can win. They are unbeaten but 6 of the 7 teams played are in the bottom half of the table, but winning does build confidence.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:56 am

Surprised at the amount of pessimism on social media about this draw. Yes, Banbury are doing well in their league but let's not forget what all supporters were probably wishing for before before yesterday's draw - a lower level club.

It's not often we are one match away from Round 1 having avoided teams either at our level or above in the qualifying rounds.

The last time was in 2009 when we were fortunate to draw Willand, Bishops Cleeve and Totton. This paved the way for that wonderful day at Grimsby before losing in the 2nd round to FGR.

The last time we were this lucky was in 2014 - wins over Poole and Shortwood sent us to East Thurrock (but I seem to have forgotten who we went on to meet in R1!)

To underline how important it is to avoid teams at our level or above in the 4QR, we have lost 11 times to them in the past 60 years and only won on 3 occasions...

1966 - Weymouth
1974 - Yeovil
1999 - Stevenage

If fans dream of seeing us going a long way in the Cup we're going to need some luck. We had it yesterday avoiding the likes of Dagenham, Boreham Wood and even Dartford!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Luton Roman and Manchester Romans like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:50 pm

But of course the real excitement will be tomorrow at the Hand Stadium.
🏟😊
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:23 pm

Tickets on sale from 10 a.m tomorrow.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:46 pm

pete mac wrote:Tickets on sale from 10 a.m tomorrow.

Got mine, lets get plenty of people there and make some noise, this opportunity doesn't happen too often.

Luton Roman

Beau Nash and pete mac like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:29 pm

Yes it’s a great chance to progress. Big following will help.

Bought my ticket this morning

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon_BOA Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:03 am

If clubs are going to continue to sell pre-bought tickets for games, then all clubs (City included) need to add a Checkout as a guest option, already this season three clubs have all my details and inevitably I've been added to a database of "fans" so will continue to receive marketing emails. Thankfully these are only non-league clubs not some ultra evil giant corporation, but it is a pain in the arse!

Jon_BOA

comrade powell, Beau Nash and Midsomer-steve like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:40 pm

Yes, for me, cash is king. Transaction begins and ends at the point of purchase.
No questions asked, no apps, no private and personal info surrendered and no irritating follow on marketing.
Banbury have just lost their long serving captain to a 'higher level' club.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:03 pm

I believe he's gone to Hemel. Langmead captained them on Tuesday and is a perfectly solid defender, albeit getting on a bit.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by City 'til we're relegated Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:53 pm

Jon_BOA wrote:If clubs are going to continue to sell pre-bought tickets for games, then all clubs (City included) need to add a Checkout as a guest option, already this season three clubs have all my details and inevitably I've been added to a database of "fans" so will continue to receive marketing emails. Thankfully these are only non-league clubs not some ultra evil giant corporation, but it is a pain in the arse!

Totally agree. I was a little confused during the process as I was buying two tickets. Having to register each person and then assign them to a ticket really flawed me. I accidentally put my name against the adult ticket and my son against the concession. Although you can edit each one this failed because I could not change one name because it was already assigned to a ticket. I’ll just have to lend my son my coat and stick.

City 'til we're relegated

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down