Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet the Manager

+2
tovid
comrade powell
6 posters

Go down

Meet the Manager Empty Meet the Manager

Post by comrade powell Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:14 am

https://www.bathcityfc.com/meet-the-manager-1-september/

The Zoom details will be sent out to SC members later this week. So if you want to take advantage but are not a member (or of the Society) why not join up today? Follow the link below…
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Meet the Manager Empty Re: Meet the Manager

Post by tovid Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:20 am

I realise zoom meetings are the modern way of working but for events like this it just splits the audience. It makes it too easy to see without leaving the comfort of your own home and sticking a bit of money behind the bar.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:29 am

If it enables fans who live many miles from the Club to be more involved I'm all for it.

Well done to those who organised the evening, I thought it was an interesting meeting. And thanks to Jerry for answering a wide range of questions so fully.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:43 am

I think the Zoom worked well. It was good that all of the questions were constructive and I don't think Jerry tried to dodge any of them, and you can't help but be carried along by his enthusiasm for the club.

LB

comrade powell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:52 pm

Certainly a lot more articulate than our previous incumbents......

Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusty Lynfield Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:05 pm

I wasn’t able to attend this in person last night. I would have done the Zoom, but unfortunately this option seemed to only be offered if you were willing to join the Supporters Club (not a member). Sure that we were offered this option before if not a member (maybe in lockdown times).

Can anyone pass on anything raised of interest…update on Wood and Touray return, Frankie Artus contract offer, squad additions, etc?
Dusty Lynfield
Dusty Lynfield

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:15 pm

Digger wrote:Certainly a lot more articulate than our previous incumbents......

To be fair Archie was unfairly ambushed when he did it.

But Jerry's enthusiasm certainly shone through.

Touray actually still trains with Salford during the week and comes down thursday until the game. This means the home club will be able to monitor his fitness. That's not to say Jerry isn't. He has an array of technology to call on to keep abreast of how all the players are doing. It is really very impressive.

He thinks the standard in this league is the highest it has ever been, and there can be little argument with that. A number of clubs are full time and he thinks about 14 clubs are in the mix which is very competitive. But he also thinks there is a great team spirit developing within this squad, albeit a small squad. He has gone for quality over quantity and has fully ussd his budget. So any reinforcements will be loanees.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:02 am

Dusty Lynfield wrote:I wasn’t able to attend this in person last night.  I would have done the Zoom, but unfortunately this option seemed to only be offered if you were willing to join the Supporters Club (not a member).  Sure that we were offered this option before if not a member (maybe in lockdown times).

Dusty, the Zoom option was also available to Society members.

Yes, previous Zoom meetings have been open to everyone and unfortunately this led to the problems with the MTM event of a few weeks ago when it had to be abandoned after being ambushed by someone thinking it funny to fill the screen with obscenities.

This time the Club wanted to have tighter control over things and so Zoom was only offered to members of the two supporters groups who notified them privately.

It only costs £5 to join the Society and our details are below…👍
comrade powell
comrade powell

Luton Roman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:35 pm

Stumbled across this last week and found it a really enjoyable and interesting listen with Adie, largely covering City.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/former-bath-city-football-manager-adrian-ady-britton/id1347584387?i=1000535272143

Dave

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down