Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donovan Wilson loan to Sutton United

+10
Colin Voutt
LB
the demon headmaster
turnstyle13
kermit
Luton Roman
tovid
stillmanjunior
comrade powell
United
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Donovan Wilson loan to Sutton United Empty Donovan Wilson loan to Sutton United

Post by United Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:39 am

Sutton fan here. What can we expect from Donovan Wilson? Hopefully he will get some game time while he is with us and will come back to Bath a better player.

United

Back to top Go down

Donovan Wilson loan to Sutton United Empty Re: Donovan Wilson loan to Sutton United

Post by comrade powell Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:42 pm

https://www.bathcityfc.com/player/donovan-wilson/

Has scored six goals in nine appearances for us. Although he was signed in the summer he missed the start of the season due to injury and had to sit out three matches having settled in due to a red card.

Only seen him via streaming, but he's quick with a excellent first touch and pretty deadly in front of goal. Will be interesting to see how he does at the higher level.

Good luck with your run in - would really like to see you beat Torquay to the title!
comrade powell
comrade powell

United likes this post

Back to top Go down

Donovan Wilson loan to Sutton United Empty Re: Donovan Wilson loan to Sutton United

Post by stillmanjunior Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:25 pm

He's still got one game of that ban to go so might be a bit rusty when he start again, though he didn't show it in a friendly at Dorking.

Felt like he only needs half a chance to score, can get a lot of power on his left foot. Creates openings from little. I hope he either flops spectacularly so we can have him back, or scores 25 and we demand a massive transfer fee as to my knowledge he's under contract until next year.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

United likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by United Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:13 pm

Many thanks for your views on Donovan. Let’s hope the loan is a success for for both clubs and the player.
I have always enjoyed my visits to your fantastic ground hopefully we will meet again soon.

United

comrade powell and Beau Nash like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:34 pm

If he stays fit he will be good. Has all the attributes needed for a top striker. Certainly the best we have had for a number of years.
tovid
tovid

Beau Nash and United like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:50 am

tovid wrote:If he stays fit he will be good. Has all the attributes needed for a top striker. Certainly the best we have had for a number of years.

Yes, he played 9 out of our 19 games, not a high %. Missed 2 through suspension and the other 8 through 2 separate injuries I think.

Presumably bolstering the squad for the run in, but if he becomes a key figure in Sutton's promotion we may not see him again !

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by United Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:01 pm

He should be in our squad for this evening’s game v Wrexham.

United

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:07 pm

United wrote:He should be in our squad for this evening’s game v Wrexham.

I’d be a bit wary - he still has a game to go with his ban.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:48 pm

Maybe he signed for them before their midweek game with Bromley.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by United Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:57 pm

kermit wrote:Maybe he signed for them before their midweek game with Bromley.

Yes he served his ban on Tuesday

United

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:22 pm

Ahh good work. Best of luck today.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by United Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:32 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:Ahh good work. Best of luck today.

Thanks
🙏

United

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:04 pm

Our dear friends at Torquay lost yet again so Sutton will go top if they win. Wilson is on the bench - hopefully will get on as it’s live on BT.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by United Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:26 pm

He came on with about 10 minutes to go.
As for the game, utter rubbish.

United

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:05 pm

I’m sure you usually play a lot better than that!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:32 pm

Speaking of Sutton, it’s coming up to 30 years that we drew 1-1 there in Ricko’s first game in charge. I’m interviewing him on Monday about it for the Chron/potential podcast.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by United Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:49 pm

comrade powell wrote:I’m sure you usually play a lot better than that!
We do, I hope it’s just a blip. Another tough game for us against Yeovil on Tuesday.

United

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:18 pm

[quote="stillmanjunior"]Speaking of Sutton, it’s coming up to 30 years that we drew 1-1 there in Ricko’s first game in charge. I’m interviewing him on Monday about it for the Chron/potential podcast.[/quote

Remember that Tuesday night. Straight from work in London, Withey goal earned a point and start of the great end of season run that kept us up.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by turnstyle13 Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:54 pm

Sutton 30 years ago.
Back then if you weren’t there it was difficult to find a report or the score but I recall Radio Bristol - probably Mike Arlett - sending a report back. I must’ve missed the early team news as I remember in disbelief the report near the end ‘did he just say Withey?!!!!!’.
Surely not.
Was this Stings 5th or 6th spell?
Who knows; who cares. He was back, he scored and the ‘kaiser’ was beginning to turn us around.
Ah yes I remember it well.

turnstyle13

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:25 pm

Very diplomatic of our friend not to bring up the 7-2 or 6-1 defeats at GGL.... Embarassed
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by United Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:18 pm

An assist from from Donovan for our winner against Yeovil tonight Very Happy

United

Beau Nash and the demon headmaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:00 pm

United wrote:An assist from from Donovan for our winner against Yeovil tonight Very Happy

And we are very grateful to you for beating Yeovile. Some rivalries never die.

the demon headmaster

LB likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by United Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:34 am

United wrote:An assist from from Donovan for our winner against Yeovil tonight Very Happy

.. and goes one better with the winner at Kings Lynne Very Happy

United

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:00 pm

....and goes two better with the only goal at Chesterfield tonight!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by United Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:18 pm

I’m very impressed with Donovan, he has taken both goals brilliantly.
The goal can be seen on the Sutton forum.

Link

United

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next