Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chelmsford first (then Swindon Super or Carshalton?)

5 posters

Go down

Chelmsford first (then Swindon Super or Carshalton?) Empty Chelmsford first (then Swindon Super or Carshalton?)

Post by comrade powell Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:03 pm

both at home!!!!!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Chelmsford first (then Swindon Super or Carshalton?) Empty Re: Chelmsford first (then Swindon Super or Carshalton?)

Post by Luton Roman Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:08 pm

Concord v Truro will be a resumption of hostilities!

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Chelmsford first (then Swindon Super or Carshalton?) Empty Re: Chelmsford first (then Swindon Super or Carshalton?)

Post by comrade powell Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:15 pm

And if Truro win they've then got to go to Welling or Oxford!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:29 pm

Chippenham away to Ebbsfleet, who they’ve already played twice this season, once away in the FA Cup in midweek. Two trips to Kent in a week after last night’s episode and they won’t be able to have a crowd.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:58 pm

From the Chelmsford forum...

Struggling to think if we could have had a worse draw
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:10 pm

Their record at Twerton is poor. I’d take a win in the league game more than trophy, which I wouldn’t usually say.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Luton Roman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:35 pm

Just after Jerry was appointed we drew at home to them in the Cup before losing the replay. Time for revenge!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:27 pm

We played them away in the trophy in 2011. I didn’t go, we picked up a rare win that season and an even rarer Jamie Cook goal.

I put it online but it’s the first time we’ve played back-to-back games against the same opponent in different competitions since Histon in 2010. The second of those matches was played 10 years ago on Friday.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:41 pm

Presumably the FA wanted to squeeze the 2nd and 3rd rounds into next week to keep the rest of the competition on schedule for next year, but surely they could have rejigged it a bit as the final isn't until May. I see on the website it says that the 3rd round ties must be played on the 19th but what will they do if the weather turns and a lot of the 2nd round ties don't get played?

If Concord lose to Truro I wonder if they will be the first side to go out of a competition before they have played the final from the previous season (although it may possibly have already happened in the Vase I suppose)?

LB

Beau Nash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:18 pm

I’m not sure with the Vase but I’m pretty sure Halesowen were knocked out twice in a few weeks this year in the trophy. Their 2019/20 run lasted 13 months.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:14 pm

Chelmsford home on the 15th, I predict a ticket / attendance sell out for the first time on a Tuesday. cheers

Guess the Gate compo? Whatever is the maximum allowed attendance. scratch
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:15 pm

[quote="LB"]Presumably the FA wanted to squeeze the 2nd and 3rd rounds into next week to keep the rest of the competition on schedule for next year, but surely they could have rejigged it a bit as the final isn't until May. I see on the website it says that the 3rd round ties must be played on the 19th but what will they do if the weather turns and a lot of the 2nd round ties don't get played?

'On schedule' has a whole new meaning this season. Weather may have an impact, Covid already has, and there is some significant disparity in league games played at this early stage of the season. So I'm all for getting games played in league and cups ASAP.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down