Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clubs streaming for free & crowdfunding the cost

4 posters

Go down

Clubs streaming for free & crowdfunding the cost Empty Clubs streaming for free & crowdfunding the cost

Post by OliverH Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:31 pm

I'm in no way suggesting that this is what we should do, I don't know the ins & outs of it, but worth noting that Hampton & Richmond, Billericay, Hungerford and Dulwich are all streaming matches for free. Dulwich are running a crowdfunder to support it:

https://justgiving.com/crowdfunding/dhfctv?utm_term=eWGNBD9M7

It's streamed on YouTube and the club/supporters trust are organising "watch parties" in local pubs etc.

Maybe just something to think about, no idea if we'd be able to crowdfund more than the subscription income, but it might take some pressure off volunteers who are being forced into "customer service" roles for a service they only have partial control over.
OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Clubs streaming for free & crowdfunding the cost Empty Re: Clubs streaming for free & crowdfunding the cost

Post by comrade powell Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:41 pm

How does this work, Oliver? What do YouTube charge for a club to show their stream?
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Clubs streaming for free & crowdfunding the cost Empty Re: Clubs streaming for free & crowdfunding the cost

Post by OliverH Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:46 am

Not sure, but would be happy to contact DHFC's supporter trust if it's of interest.
OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:21 am

I like the idea of 'watch parties' in pubs for games you can't stand outside at!

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by OliverH Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:40 am

LB wrote:I like the idea of 'watch parties' in pubs for games you can't stand outside at!

Yes, I've given the streaming a go, but even if it was working perfectly, it's a bit tricky to inflict it on my family 😁. Would much rather watch it with other City fans if it can be done safely.
OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:22 am

One of the problems associated with streaming crashes is high demand; how many subscribers equal high demand is an unknown but certainly less than a few hundred on some platforms as evidenced by the games City supporters have signed up to. Sad
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down