Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pete Sellwood

5 posters

Go down

Pete Sellwood Empty Pete Sellwood

Post by Midsomer-chris Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:18 pm

I just wanted to say how sad I was to hear about the death of Pete Sellwood. When I first moved to Bath, and was getting into supporting Bath City, Pete needed people to hand out leaflets to local schools advertising the Easter soccer school at Twerton Park for the young people. He had quite a number of schools on the list and Midsomer-Steve and I took on the task of delivering to quite a lot of them. As well as helping him (and the youngsters) out it gave me a chance to get to know the local area. As we visited his home several times for more leaflets we had some good conversations and found him to be a gentle, kind, intelligent and interesting man. He was dedicated to Bath City and to helping youngsters. I was glad to have known him. My thoughts go out to his family and friends at this sad time.
Midsomer-chris
Midsomer-chris

Back to top Go down

Pete Sellwood Empty Re: Pete Sellwood

Post by Maurice Ashman Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:50 pm

When the supporters were running the Saturday stalls at Milsom / Union Street, I first met Pete.
He was a City stalwart and a very friendly and gentle man.
Subsequently, he thoughtfully helped to arrange a seat in the stand whilst I was recovering from a cancer operation.
RIP Pete.

Maurice Ashman

Back to top Go down

Post by Midsomer-steve Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:22 am

You beat me to it Chrissie - I was going to say much the same thing. I just wanted to add that, over three days, we covered 30-40 schools all over North East Somerset, as Pete was more comfortable in going to the Bath schools as he lived there; but, to epitomise his dedication to our Club, I was convinced that, had we not met him, he would have covered the whole area by himself! As it turned out, several schools wanted more leaflets than we could provide at the time, and, when we gave Pete the details, his face lit up with pure joy - not a second thought about the extra work that he would have to do. A man in a million - he leaves a permanent memory in our minds.
Midsomer-steve
Midsomer-steve

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:01 pm

Agree wholeheartedly. A dedicated, kind and generous man.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveBradley Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:51 pm

Pete first got me involved with the Supporters Society when he was doing the Saturday stalls at Milsom Street. I stopped for a chat when I was on my way to watch us play Luton, and I made a few constructive suggestions on how his leaflets could be improved. Next thing I knew I was designing them myself for him for every game for the next season and a half Very Happy

He did tremendous work to get the Foundation up and running - not always, it should be said, with the help or support of the club itself at times.

Very sad news to hear of his passing. RIP Pete.

SteveBradley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down