Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy Watkins?

+2
westonpundit
stowford press
6 posters

Go down

Andy Watkins? Empty Andy Watkins?

Post by stowford press Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:17 am

I have to confess to being disappointed in reading the news last night that Andy Watkins has signed on for the 2019/20 season. Last season he was plagued with injuries and he looked off the pace when he did play for obvious reasons. With a return of 1 goal in less than 15 appearances?? It’s time really he moved on. With all the travel he does to train and play HE and we are making special allowances for a player who is in my opinion not up to this level anymore. Jerry always talks about budget and how it’s not as big as others well for a club with a budget like ours Andy Watkins is a luxury we can’t afford!

I hope he proves me wrong as he has been great player for us in the past few years but this could be a season too far for watto. I could well be in a minority on this but I feel there is better local young talent out there who will give us the pace to create for Tyler Harvey!

stowford press

Back to top Go down

Andy Watkins? Empty Re: Andy Watkins?

Post by westonpundit Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:18 am

We can all have different opinions but for me Andy has been a tremendous player for City over his 6/7 seasons at the club. He has admittedly been unfortunate with injuries but that does not detract from his qualities and total commitment to the team. I have spoken to previous managers and they all say Andy would be one of the City players they would have loved to have in their new teams as he is a true professional.
He is a really quality team player and we miss his runs to provide an 'out ball' when he's not available for selection. I'm REALLY pleased Andy has committed to play for us in the 2019/20 season and a great addition to what is looking a progressive and strong squad for the new season.

westonpundit

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:39 am

I’m certain both Jerry and Andy have enough quality in knowing what they are doing.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Andy Watkins? Empty Pleased

Post by pete mac Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:04 am

Pleased he's back and he deserves success for all his dedication to this Club. Agree he may be a squad player. My take on the team:

1. Clarke

2. Harper                  4. Jack batten                      5. Matt Bower                 3. Conor Riley

7. Joe Raynes            6. Jordan Simpson               8. Frankie Artus               11. Ross Stearn

9. Tyler Harvey                   10. Ryan Brunt

Subs

Ollis
Watkins
Manny
Bally
Smithy
Wiles Richards

A good squad of 17 methinks

Last edited by pete mac on Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated)

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:05 am

Plus Wiles richards

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by stowford press Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:30 pm

I'm afraid 'westonpundit' you have kind of proved my point. I'm trying to say the player he will be this season compared to the player in previous seasons then it's not a shrewd signing. It has been done with the heart not the head. As for previous managers saying they would love to have him in there teams well? Where are they? No long list of suitors as far as i am aware for the last 2 seasons.

Please don't see this a disrespect for Andy Watkins for the quality and commitment he has shown for this club over the last 7 seasons. But Jerry himself admitted last season this is a player who does not train all the time and has for long periods been carrying an injury last season. I just wondered if it was time we moved on...clearly i'm in a minority but only time will tell. If we get 15-20 appearances and 8 goals out him this season then i'll eat my hat!!

stowford press

Back to top Go down

Post by Midsomer-steve Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:03 pm

We'll see Stowford.

I am firmly in the camp of welcoming the news of Andy's signing again for the new season. I trust the management to have judged that he will be a continued asset for us.

Pete,

How dare you suggest a starting eleven without my favourite player Manny Sad
Midsomer-steve
Midsomer-steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul1978 Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:54 pm

With Moreton gone on loan too FGR any chance we can sign Tom Smith. Loved both those 2 last season. Hopefully we can get Smith. Cundy Straker and Riggy are 3 big hitters sadly gone. Thats football though.
Paul1978
Paul1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down