Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Braintree v City

+2
pete mac
Luton Roman
6 posters

Go down

Braintree v City Empty Braintree v City

Post by Luton Roman Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:51 pm

City dominated an away game in a manner I haven't seen before. Total at times. Could be lift off on a wet day in Braintree.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Braintree v City Empty Re: Braintree v City

Post by pete mac Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:07 pm

That’s something Gerry. I hope that this is the start of some success. We can celebrate today.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Newman Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:44 pm

If Hampton was a top 6 performance then today was a top 3 version. I can not recall Luke Southwood having to make a real save at all.
We coped with a heavy pitch and the physical side of the game and still found times to for some slick passing moments.
Good news is that a few more points should be enough to avoid relegation!

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by Twerton Parker Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:50 pm

Peter Newman wrote:
Good news is that a few more points should be enough to avoid relegation!

Something that didn't seem possible walking home after Chippenham last August!  Nice one team, nice one Jerry.

Twerton Parker

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:35 am

Totally dominant and a beautiful goal from Compton. Jarvis has his critics but I feel they are unjustified. He plays up front on his own and I would like to see someone else sustain the work rate that he puts in over 85 minutes and he bagged a goal for his efforts. I think Southwood rcaught one high ball and that was it. The defence was superb and involved every player. We defended from the front by pressing them hard all over the pitch. The players certainly look very fit and Jarvis is a great exponent of this approach. Despite a miserable day in Essex I had a thoroughly good day although I somehow missed Gerry Dolan amongst the hoarded of City fans there.

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:28 am

Was in the stand opposite with s couple of friends who live locslly and wanted to sit but could hear the City fsithful loud and proud.

Agree all above, also esp MWH Straker and Batten in total charge.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:05 am

It was hard to pick out any players really, because they were all superb. MWH always impresses me, Jack Batten was imperious and Straker looked unbeatable whilst carrying a real threat going forward. I’m glad you were rewarded in deciding to attend yesterday. Let’s hope this is the real City and we get to see much more of this incarnation over the next few months.

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sirkev Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:20 pm

Having watched the superb goal scored by Jack Compton on Romans on Demand credit needs to be given to Frankie Artus. Not only did he supply the pass to Jack but his movement in midfield leading up to the pass was so intelligent. Gerry seems to be getting the best out of Frankie this season. Long may it continue.

sirkev

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down