Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City v. East Thurrock

+12
Marc Monitor
Micawber
sned
stillmanjunior
SteveS
Dusty Lynfield
BenE
comrade powell
2weirdtown
Steve Whites Missus
the demon headmaster
Luton Roman
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

City v. East Thurrock - Page 2 Empty Re: City v. East Thurrock

Post by BenE Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:38 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:Having watched back some of the goals with a punditry hat on, some of the non-tackling from the East Thurrock players is shameful. For Edwards’ their number 9 (Higgins) literally stops, allowing him to start his run. Isn't he entitled to think the defenders are well placed to cope?

During the counter for the fourth, their number 7 (Paxman) has done well to track back initially, then practically bolts up and let’s Smith tuck the ball in. I think Watto's sublime pass and Smith's speed took him out of the game.

Still quality moves and executions but I don’t think the East Thurrock manager will see it that way. Anyway, we are now 12-11 up on them on aggregate after five games...
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:44 pm

LB wrote:Interesting interview with Jerry Gill on Chronicle website

http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bath-city-fully-deserved-thumping-764566

Not quite sure what this means for Nick and Marvin in the longer term, well we can't rely on either for a supply of goals and I must admit I thought Jarvis did a lot of running around but to no real effect.
Generally I like the strikers to contribute on the ball but if he's been given a job to do and done it then you can't say fairer than that.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:10 pm

Having watched the game on Romans on Demand, I agree with JG's assessment (Bath Chron) of Jarvis' performance.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:27 pm

BenE wrote:
stillmanjunior wrote:Having watched back some of the goals with a punditry hat on, some of the non-tackling from the East Thurrock players is shameful. For Edwards’ their number 9 (Higgins) literally stops, allowing him to start his run. Isn't he entitled to think the defenders are well placed to cope?

During the counter for the fourth, their number 7 (Paxman) has done well to track back initially, then practically bolts up and let’s Smith tuck the ball in. I think Watto's sublime pass and Smith's speed took him out of the game.

Still quality moves and executions but I don’t think the East Thurrock manager will see it that way. Anyway, we are now 12-11 up on them on aggregate after five games...

First one - yes, there should have been enough defenders about, and credit to Edwards for his probing run and finish, but Higgins' non-attempt of a tackle would have me seething.

Second - brilliant ball and run, but don't understand why he's ran the other side of his keeper. Even if Wright saved it the rebound would have fallen onto Smith's right foot.

It looks like I'm nitpicking which I'm not. We were fantastic, I just wouldn't be happy if we replicated some of that defending.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:57 pm

Junior, I see that you've retired. Have Nomads awarded you a testimonial?
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2