Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manager announcement this evening

+12
the demon headmaster
LB
Ashley
yuffie
comrade powell
pete mac
stillmanjunior
bristoldome
SASCHA
Beau Nash
Steve Whites Missus
Roman Mike
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Manager announcement this evening - Page 2 Empty Re: Manager announcement this evening

Post by BenE Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:33 pm

Beau Nash wrote:Gary has one job - keep us in this division.

We are not in the relegation places so Gary has to show he can manage the players, no excuses. They are a good enough squad to hold a mid division place and can play exceptionally well at times; consistency and solidity is what's required.

Seventeen games, fifty one points available;  we are currently on 29 I would like to see us make at least 52 total.  Basketball

Whatever has gone b4 stays there.

If we get to 46-7 points that would represent a massive turn around. I'd be happy with avoiding relegation with that.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Manager announcement this evening - Page 2 Empty Re: Manager announcement this evening

Post by Roman Mike Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:57 pm

BenE wrote:

We are not in the relegation places so Gary has to show he can manage the players, no excuses. They are a good enough squad to hold a mid division place and can play exceptionally well at times; consistency and solidity is what's required.

Seventeen games, fifty one points available;  we are currently on 29 I would like to see us make at least 52 total.  Basketball

If we get to 46-7 points that would represent a massive turn around. I'd be happy with avoiding relegation with that.

That's 17/18 points from 17 games (if my maths is up to this)
We acquired 9 points from the previous 17 games (just to quantify the 'massive effort' you refer to)

For reference:
Bishop Stortford finished 16th with 46 points last season
Hayes & Yeading finished in highest relegation spot (but didn't get relegated) with 42 points
Roman Mike
Roman Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by SASCHA Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:19 pm

Roman Mike wrote:
BenE wrote:

The difference is, as you well know Mike-
We now have a genuine football manager/coach and a new beginning ,which the majority of fans have been calling for months. I myself have been waiting for this for years and I know I'm not alone in that.
I have no doubt that Gary will succeed and secure more than enough points well before the end of the season.

I am still baffled as to how we can now afford a manager after being put through hell for so long.
Questions still need to be answered.
Here's one that we  would all like answered .
What contract terms have been agreed, by way of timescale ?

SASCHA

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:32 pm

It does seem a surprising appointment in the circumstances. Perhaps he sees this as a business opportunity and has funds of his own, but full marks for taking us on. Returning to an old club is always difficult so don't give up on him if the going is tougher than we hope. The most interesting thing this week will be the fans view of the impact, if any, on our organisation and style of play. I'll see for myself at Sutton.

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Roman Mike Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:54 pm

the demon headmaster wrote:It does seem a surprising appointment in the circumstances. Perhaps he sees this as a business opportunity and has funds of his own, but full marks for taking us on. Returning to an old club  is always difficult so don't give up on him if the going is tougher than we hope. The most interesting thing this week will be the fans view of the impact, if any, on our organisation and style of play. I'll see for myself at Sutton.

Wot? Don't fancy Truro on a Tuesday evening?
Roman Mike
Roman Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:34 pm

To be honest, with the players we have got, it shouldn't be that much of a big effort. It just needs someone inspirational to get them playing again. We have a small squad but with some very decent players. Watkins, Pratt, McCootie, Bowman, Simpson, Galinagh, Hemmings and Philips, on their day, are good players equal to most in these league. Obviously, McCootie and Simmo seem like ongoing injury problems but the rest are sound and can be lifted by the right manager. Nothing world-beating but certainly able to avoid relegation with the right manager.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:14 pm

Roman Mike wrote:
the demon headmaster wrote:It does seem a surprising appointment in the circumstances. Perhaps he sees this as a business opportunity and has funds of his own, but full marks for taking us on. Returning to an old club  is always difficult so don't give up on him if the going is tougher than we hope. The most interesting thing this week will be the fans view of the impact, if any, on our organisation and style of play. I'll see for myself at Sutton.

Wot?  Don't fancy Truro on a Tuesday evening?

Not from Cambridge mate. i make that a 700 mile round trip. Nice one for Watto though.

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Roman Mike Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:23 pm

Now I remember what it is to have a positive and coherent leader....
I know its only words but...
http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/Bath-City-Gary-Owers-says-survival-aim-Romans/story-28692279-detail/story.html
Roman Mike
Roman Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2