Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Season's Possible New Opposition

+18
Dave
thomasmaxbaer
Steve Whites Missus
pete mac
Ashley
Dodgycarpet
BenE
LB
Jon_BOA
Luton Roman
kermit
stillmanjunior
Dusty Lynfield
Marc Monitor
Timbo_b-o-a
yuffie
comrade powell
Roy D Hacksaw
22 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Next Season's Possible New Opposition - Page 3 Empty Re: Next Season's Possible New Opposition

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:13 pm

Tomorrow's scheduled Isthmian League play-offs postponed by the FA over the Enfield issue. Here's the Isthmian League's statement on the matter…

"The Football Association has ruled that both Ryman League Premier Division Play-Off Semi-Finals due to be played this Thursday should be postponed until the situation surrounding Enfield Town FC is clarified.

The FA's decision follows the Ryman League being advised that a charge of playing a player who should have been suspended had been made and proven by The FA against Enfield Town FC.

The Ryman League has charged Enfield Town FC with playing an ineligible player and the club has requested a personal hearing which will be heard this week.

The matter was referred to The FA because Ryman League rules make provision for matters concerning promotion to be decided by the Leagues Committee of The FA. The Ryman League itself is not empowered to make such a decision.

All five clubs involved have been informed of the FA's decision and will continue to be kept informed of developments by the Ryman League. The Ryman League will issue a further statement in due course."

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Next Season's Possible New Opposition - Page 3 Empty Re: Next Season's Possible New Opposition

Post by LB Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:25 pm

It would be rather ironic if the two teams promoted from the Southern Premier ended up in Conference North.

The distance from Truro to St Neots - 330 ish miles - shows the inbalance between the Southern and Ryman Leagues in terms of travelling - I hate to think how many miles Truro and Bideford - as the most westerly teams in the Southern League - must have travelled. By contrast the longest journey in the Ryman is probably Bury St Edmunds to Bognor, which is about 160 miles, the majority being much less than this.

I am not really sure what the solution is. It has been suggested that there should be Northern, Midland and Southern Premier Leagues, but that would probably mean even longer journeys for the teams from the south west, as virtually all the Ryman teams would end up in the
southern section.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:37 pm

Four divisions might work - NE/NW and SE/SW. Still not sure where Kings Lynn for example would fit in.

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:19 pm

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon_BOA Fri May 01, 2015 10:26 am

Don't know if anyone has seen this (am sure Roy has, how you keep abreast of it all I do not know, a doff of the hat though!) but Lewes have written a letter to the Ryman league and all of it's member clubs.
The letter states that Enfield should be in the playoffs, and calling for a boycott of the playoffs by all clubs outside of the playoff places should they be offered it instead of Enfield.

Jon_BOA

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Fri May 01, 2015 11:25 am

Nice one Lewes!

The Ryman League issued another statement this morning, saying it was unfortunate, and that it wasn't Enfield's fault, but that its hands were tied by the laws of the game. It also suggests that Enfield are appealing to The FA as we speak. One suspects that this is going to run and run - which is no fun for all the other clubs involved in the hoohah!

And that's quite a spreadsheet, Luton. Where did that come from? Surely Strudwick wouldn't be so dim as to deal us Lowestoft? I thought it was against the rules, anyway, even if they are in the catchment area?

If we do get both them and Truro, that'll mean a round trip of over 800 miles for that particular tie. I'll bet at least one of them will be on a Tuesday!!

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Fri May 01, 2015 11:45 am

It gets worse. Reading the websites of both Margate and Dulwich Hamlet, it would appear that both were told initially that their play-off would take place, only for a sudden change of heart by the Ryman. Many of their supporters had already booked days off, hotels and travel - and indeed the club staff may have already done this too.

On top of that, The Met are concerned that not only they, but all the other clubs are having to pay the expense of keeping their playing staff match ready, and are looking to the Ryman for reimbursement of costs. Hendon, meanwhile, are fearing that their London Senior Cup final against Tooting & Mitcham may get shifted if this all gets sorted out this week.

It seems that Enfield first raised the issue with The FA back in January. The knock on of leaving it all so late has had a significantly adverse effect on all five clubs involved. Good work FA!

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Fri May 01, 2015 12:09 pm

I normally read these things as fairly black and white - you play an ineligible player you lose the points in the match(es) - but the events with Enfield do appear to back their case.

As I understand after signing the player they realised he was due to be suspended but because his previous club had mis-spelt his name the FA system did not pick up his suspension - having him down as two different players.

When Enfield advised the FA the player was suspended for two games and they were told that was the end of it.

Why the Ryman League have - three months later - waded in and docked them 3 points I don't understand.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Fri May 01, 2015 12:28 pm

Spreadsheet is from the nonleaguematters website where the forum has endless debates on restructuring and some lonely soul spends his time updating the thing.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Fri May 01, 2015 10:58 pm

According to Enfield's website today, their appeal isn't going to be heard until May the 8th.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat May 02, 2015 9:19 am

This gets better and better! And to think that some dare to suggest that the FA is not fit for purpose... Very Happy
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Mon May 04, 2015 4:59 pm

Truro City 1 St Neots 0 - looks like we've got the long trip west to look forward to next term then!

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon May 04, 2015 5:26 pm

Hopefully away game near start of season on a Saturday, but probably both will be midweek.

And Bath doesn't have a Southern League Prem club next year - Larkhall lost play off final 3-2 today...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Mon May 04, 2015 7:16 pm

With Truro winning are we more at risk to losing Watkins?

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by thomasmaxbaer Mon May 04, 2015 8:56 pm

On boxing day and new year's day, will wsm now play truro or am I wrong?

thomasmaxbaer

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon May 04, 2015 10:13 pm

I would guess it would depend if Gloucester move south. If so, presumably either ourselves or WSM would be paired with them. So I suppose the other would get Truro. There's a very strong possibility that one of us will get midweek fixtures with Truro.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Tue May 05, 2015 2:11 am

Ugh. At least I've warmed up for the long journey. Not spotted any other City fans in Sydney sadly.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Tue May 05, 2015 7:31 am

stillmanjunior wrote:Ugh. At least I've warmed up for the long journey. Not spotted any other City fans in Sydney sadly.

I guess where you are now, a trip to Truro is the equivalent of popping to the local shop.

Steve Whites Missus wrote:With Truro winning are we more at risk to losing Watkins?

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he joined them. And you couldn't blame him.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Thu May 07, 2015 6:30 am

yuffie wrote:
stillmanjunior wrote:Ugh. At least I've warmed up for the long journey. Not spotted any other City fans in Sydney sadly.

I guess where you are now, a trip to Truro is the equivalent of popping to the local shop.

Steve Whites Missus wrote:With Truro winning are we more at risk to losing Watkins?

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he joined them. And you couldn't blame him.

Around six hours on the road on a camper van yesterday helped us warm up to it I guess. Particularly as it was dark by 5.30, similar to when we will probably play them over Xmas. Not quite as mild though.

I'll be amazed if Watkins doesn't go back there, even if they were Southern League I reckon he'd be tempted. The travelling must be a killer. I think he's a decent player.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Fri May 08, 2015 4:56 pm

And today's news from Enfield's appeal is that there is no news. Here's the club's statement. This one's going to run and run…

"The verdict of today's FA Appeal panel hearing as been deferred until Monday, due to the complexity of the legal arguments associated with the case.

After a hearing lasting for six hours or so, the FA Appeal panel announced today that, due to the complexity of the legal and other arguments associated with the case, it needs time to reflect on its verdict. It will therefore reconvene on Monday and announce its decision then."

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Fri May 08, 2015 7:16 pm

Will it be sorted by the start of next season......probably not
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Mon May 11, 2015 5:51 pm

More Enfield news. The club put out a statement yesterday saying that whatever the outcome today, they would abide by it for the sake of all the other clubs involved.

Then, at the last minute, The FA deferred the decision until tomorrow upon production of new evidence.

This is getting silly now.

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon May 11, 2015 7:20 pm

Presumably the matches would not be played until July as players will be out of contract and probably on holiday. I suppose they could play the games in Ibiza.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Tue May 12, 2015 2:28 pm

Enfield kicked out. Semis are Hendon v . Met Police and Margate v. Dulwich on Thursday 14th with Final on Sunday 17th.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon_BOA Tue May 12, 2015 3:50 pm

What a spectacularly poor decision. Nice to see the FA are as clueless as always.

What's the betting Met Police win the damn thing, and we end up with an away crowd of zero, and playing there in front of 50 City fans?

Jon_BOA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum