Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H&Y v. City

+10
the demon headmaster
London Calling
comrade powell
kermit
Steve Whites Missus
BenE
Dave
yuffie
pete mac
Luton Roman
14 posters

Go down

H&Y v. City Empty H&Y v. City

Post by Luton Roman Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:31 pm

Strong line up, Mellor, Simmo, Gallinagh, Walsh, Ball, Hemmings, Diallo, Allen, Artus, Pratt, McCootie, Subs, Bwoman, Stearn, Watkins, Keary, Kington. Ref is Chris O'Donnell, hmm, seen him last season where he was a bit out of his depth.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

H&Y v. City Empty Re: H&Y v. City

Post by Luton Roman Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:11 pm

1 down

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:15 pm

2 down, 12m #onthebeach

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:16 pm

Mellor beaten from over 50 yards apparently.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:21 pm

Awful. Hope it improves for next Saturday

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:53 pm

Meh.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:55 pm

Meh. In brighter news, Larkhall in the playoffs, Yeovil relegated.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:54 pm

Can we or the management learn anything from today? Was there any experimentation with formation?
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:02 pm

Not really.

As usual the management (sic) sat rigid in the dugout. I'm beginning to wonder whether they actually turn up or whether Rollo just places two dummies in their place.

Another ground with a shocking pitch.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:09 pm

Always has been awful. I used to watch games there in the 60's when they played Wembley FC in the Athenian League. Good for train-spotting though!
Andrew mentioned on the radio that they had abandoned the new 3G pitch installation, I assume that with Hayes & Yeading moving on from this December, they either cannot afford it, or they don't think they need it.......they do need it.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:18 pm

Just a continuation of the end of season dross we suffered at Havant on Monday. At least we went close a few times today, but we were playing a team at the bottom of the table rather than one near the top. No surprise their small band of fans were singing 'can we play you every week' - we've prove ideal opponents for them this past fortnight in their relegation escape. I'll let others present make comment on the farcical second goal....
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:59 pm

Steve Whites Missus wrote:As usual the management (sic) sat rigid in the dugout. I'm beginning to wonder whether they actually turn up or whether Rollo just places two dummies in their place.

Rolling Eyes

Just seen the video of the second goal and if only they'd shouted at Mellor not to slip over as the ball flew toward him.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:22 pm

That goal seemed one of those freak moments.....

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by London Calling Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:40 pm

Just seen the video. Fair enough he did slip momentarily but then stopping dead in his tracks was fatal.

Since the trophy knock out our stats read:
P10, W2, D3, L5, F17, A17.

If you discount the thrashing of a fairly dysfunctional Farnborough side it makes for even more depressing reading.

I can understand the players taking two or three games to get over the trophy exit but they're still being paid by the club to go out and play football.

If some of them have given up for the season then maybe its time to put a few youth team players out for the last three games and see what they're made of.

London Calling

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:10 am

Steam was good when he came on. Tried hard showed some good skills and nearly scored another blinding free kick, but it was a very bad start that we couldn't overcome. Having said that a draw would not have been out of the question had McCootie and Pratt not fluffed really clear openings. Gerry was right to mention the ref. How their number 4 failed to get booked is a mystery.

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:32 am

since the kids hammered Farnborough we have not won a single home game. There appears to be a general lassitude within the team.

I think the hard put upon faithful deserve something better for the last couple of home games.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:27 am

And those who venture to Staines for the season's finale deserve a hell of a lot better than what they've witnessed on the road since the away game at Farnborough! The conditions yesterday were always going to make it difficult to play decent football, but weather and pitch at Havant were both perfect.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:49 pm

I haven't got the time to look through the stats (ANOTHER Tuesday programme to clobber together), but I would estimate that from yesterday's squad of 16, around 12-13 of them have been involved in at least 30 games this season, in all competitions. And I believe 14 of them were in the squad of 16 for the opening day trip to Concord.

I'm all for continuity and remaining loyal to players, far prefer that than the Pridham days of shipping players in and out every other game (admittedly he had little choice most of the time), but even if we had a squad of say 19-20 we could freshen things up a bit more. The only regular-ish player missing yesterday was Ben Adelsbury. It feels a bit like everyone is going through the motions a bit.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:59 pm

On the other hand, Farnborough have just gone down having used 60ish players throughout the season but there is a happy balance that can met.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:47 pm

I'm all for continuity, but watching the same, tired players who must be itching for the season to end becomes rather pointless. Bowman and Keary to mention just two, could easily have started yesterday and wouldn't have weakened our defence.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Twerton Parker Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:06 pm

With the forthcoming Community launch looming ever bigger on the horizon it seems a shame that the season is fizzling out like this. Finishing with a flourish would make the club seem much more of an attractive proposition to the public.

Twerton Parker

Back to top Go down

Post by Midsomer-steve Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:11 am

TP - you beat me to it. I was going to say exactly the same thing. By witnessing our recent performances we are not exactly putting ourselves in the shop window to attract potential investors, let alone expecting us mere supporters to continue paying good money to watch the side fizzling out like a damp squib. If ever proof was needed to back up the team management's words before a ball had been kicked this season ('we have a squad of players capable of reaching the 'play-offs') it was in the brilliant FA Trophy run - the Gloucester ties accepted; but, with these words ringing round, it has been the most frustrating season that I have witnessed.
I will still stand by my wish to see the entire current squad retained for next season, but I will be most disappointed if the current management are retained too!
Midsomer-steve
Midsomer-steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down