Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City v. Bromley

+17
pete mac
Sir Ged Roddy
Marc Monitor
BenE
LB
Colin Voutt
Ashley
SteveS
the demon headmaster
miker
stillmanjunior
comrade powell
Beau Nash
2weirdtown
Matt_1376
kermit
Luton Roman
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

City v. Bromley - Page 3 Empty Re: City v. Bromley

Post by Steve Whites Missus Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:06 am

Marc Monitor wrote:There was an opposition keeper that I was very impressed with at Twerton but, for the life of me, I can't remember who he played for but very impressive.

The Gosport keeper was pretty awesome in both home and away games. He would be a real bonus, although no one has mentioned how well Mellor played on Saturday

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:13 am

Yes, I think you might be right. It may be him. Mellor has been excellent of course but, again, his terrible kicking led to an opposition goal. On balance, I think he saves us more than he costs us and, has been said before, if he could kick better, he may be playing at a higher level than this. Anyway, like I say, I would keep him but he does need cover.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:42 pm

Adelsbury is injured, he was at the game on Saturday and I think was at Farnborough, but don't quote me on that.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:48 pm

I think Mellor needs competition as, barring injury or suspension, he is an automatic selection.

I agree with Demon about Bromley. Of course, we only see other teams twice a season at most. The one they had 2 seasons ago which got the double over us was by some way the best footballing side I have seen at this level, yet they finished that season only 4 points clear of relegation! I mentioned this to one of their fans last year and he said the intention to play attractive football had got them nowhere and that they now looked to be more streetwise.

Yes, I've seen us play some really good football on a regular basis this season, but I bet we weren't rated by fans of Concord, Basingstoke and Gosport who witnessed both games against us!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:20 pm

No, good point. We are clearly inconsistent but I genuinely believe that when we get our game together we are as easy on the eye as anyone at this level. I have seen some great football from us this year and some terrible performances. I'm not sure I would want to sacrifice the good for the kind of team that might be needed to win this league. I love it when we get it right.

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:27 am

I agree. I have seen some of the most phenomenal football - for any level - at Bath City and I would like to see that continue.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:46 am

We play some super football for this level. To be fair to Adie and Archie they have gradually tried to get us playing a style of football that is more easy on the eye. Is it as effective though as when we had Darren Edwards and Dave Gilroy up top?
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:30 am

I am not sure about that but the thing is that, for the last fair few seasons, we have had the players to play in the style that we currently are. Bromley's display also shows that you can do well in these doing that and it doesn't have to be a muscular aerial game.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:59 pm

Dave Gilroy was a fantastic finisher; better in that respect than any of our current players, but they all have their strengths.

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3