Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weston Goals

+15
Dusty Lynfield
BenE
LB
Luton Roman
SteveS
Corstonian
turnstyle13
pete mac
comrade powell
stillmanjunior
yuffie
the demon headmaster
Marc Monitor
bonzodog
Skyblue
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Weston Goals Empty Weston Goals

Post by Skyblue Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:20 pm

Skyblue

Back to top Go down

Weston Goals Empty Re: Weston Goals

Post by Skyblue Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:23 pm

Skyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by bonzodog Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:47 pm

Mick? I thought it was Nick..... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

bonzodog

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyblue Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:48 pm

Skyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:23 pm

Thank you, skyblue. I am not sure whether it is comforting or not to see what I missed while I was waiting for the AA to turn on the Westbound M4 just before junction 17. Bloody great goals. Well done to Watkins
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:12 pm

Waaaahhhh. Love it

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:14 pm

Oh Nick, you clearly didn't take note of the direction Ben went to celebrate his goals. Had you done that corner flag celebration on the pop side I'd have got a picture of it.

And did he 'shoulder' in his first goal?

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:30 pm

It's no Kaid Mohamed. I think I could have been taking photos about 300 yards away, he still would have covered that ground to have a pic of him after a goal.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:42 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:It's no Kaid Mohamed.

For a moment I thought you were referring to Kaid's similar overhead goal at Bromley a few years ago. Although nowhere near as good, today's effort was into the same goal as the one voted our best ever, by Dean Birkby.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:00 am

Great placed goal from Stearn. He had Frankie square who fancied his second goal but it was a confident curl.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by bonzodog Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:09 pm

on Stearns goal you can hear the master tactician Razz calling out 'keep the ball, keep the ball'..... Razz

bonzodog

Back to top Go down

Post by turnstyle13 Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:15 pm

Re the third goal. If it was a school report the keeper would get a D- from me a 'must try harder' comment.
Although he would be awarded the 'David Coles' trophy for services to Bath City.
For any of the younger viewers David Coles was the keeper from Turnipland in the early 90's who redefined the term 'hapless' when confronted with a BCFC shot on target.

turnstyle13

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:18 pm

To be fair, keeping the ball wasn't the worst idea. Maybe they had an eye on goal difference and wanted to keep a clean sheet. However, maybe they didn't want Stearn finishing off a successful display with a goal #conspiracytheory
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Corstonian Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:35 pm

Another positive thread morphs abruptly into a negative analysis of the management - I didn't see that coming!!

Corstonian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:43 pm

I was joking about that last bit! Come on, it's still the holiday season. I think Richard III was being fairly light-hearted as well.

Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:08 pm

I wouldn't be so sure. I think the person shouting the instruction is Jim, and at 2-0 up its a pretty sensible, if not obvious, suggestion.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveS Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:35 pm

Re David Coles I think he went on to make a career as a goalkeeping coach, I am pretty sure he was GK coach at Southampton.
I think the truth was he frightened to death of Adie Mings. Mingsy laid him out on more than one occasion and it got to the stage where Coles panicked whenever Adie was near and errors followed.

SteveS

Back to top Go down

Post by turnstyle13 Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:44 pm

The source of all knowledge - wiki - says he's currently at Portsmouth no doubt master-minding their push to the conference.
Ah Adie one on one with Coles and always the ball was always incidental to the entertainment.
Happy Days.

turnstyle13

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:05 pm

I dont think the holiday season has anything to do with it whatsoever. Bit like the noble ursine who wd be frequently critical on here and then pretend it was all a joke.

Key now is to get some consistency and go into the Wealdstone game confident of getting to the last 16.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:20 pm

Tell you what, LR, how about this? When I say something is a joke, believe it is a joke. There is no reason for me to 'pretend' or otherwise. As it goes, I would have thought the hashtag would have given that away.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:23 pm

I love the Chronicle's description of Nick McCootie's first goal "A corner flicked off the head of Dave Pratt and bounced around at the near post before going into the net through a melee of players" - they even suggest it might have been an own goal! I am not sure what they were watching, but the only 'bounce' the ball took was off of Nick McCootie's chest into the goal.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:03 pm

It's all about the kind of view you have, and there's only one look at it. Personally if McCootie hadn't been the one clearly leading the celebrations I wouldn't have been too sure over who had scored, there were a couple of players in the way.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:14 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:I wouldn't be so sure. I think the person shouting the instruction is Jim, and at 2-0 up its a pretty sensible, if not obvious, suggestion.

Maybe I'm a bit old school but I don't go in for this seeing a game out when you have a team on the ropes. WSM had caused very little danger for the whole of the second half and all we had to do was continue playing as we had been. More goals would come.

It has been a constant source of irritation to me that we never go for the jugular in any game. Let players off the leash once in a while. Give the fans a treat.

I know this is mightily close to perceived management bashing but I have another point. McCootie was on a hat trick when he was taken off. David Pratt has been taken off in similar circumstances as have other strikers. I think he should have stayed on. That's what strikers are all about.

When was the last hat trick hero? Was it Guthrie?
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:17 pm

Guthrie's was the last with 'proper' goals, but Stearn got a hat trick, including a pen, 13 months ago.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:22 pm

Ah yes I remember it well.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content