Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THEOnly Game OFF Nationally?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

THEOnly Game OFF Nationally? - Page 2 Empty Re: THEOnly Game OFF Nationally?

Post by yuffie on Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:40 pm

The only difference is Morecambe and Wise and Only Fools and Horses were funny. Well, until the final few Fools and Horses, so perhaps the comparison works there.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE on Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:43 pm

some jokes only work by repetition
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley on Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:25 pm

If Ross Stearn had been allowed to be groundsman for the day the game would have been on
Ashley
Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie on Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:35 pm

bone ash wrote:I think constructive criticism of the management concerning our team is justified if it follows a poor performance, something mentioned in the media, a poor signing etc. But I agree with Grumpy that it's hardly relevant to this thread and doesn't reflect well on the forum. Can we please resist the temptation to take cheap shots at the management or the mods will have to do some moderating...
Thanks!

If I was still running the forum I'd set up a moaning forum. You could have sub forums - the management, Stearn, the board, merchandise (incorporating the location of the club shop), etc.

It would be a lot easier to avoid as well.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Peteboa on Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:36 pm

I found it amusing Marc! Laughing   I find the idea that any opinion that challenges Howells/Britton or club officials as a 'Moan' as a little tiresome
Peteboa
Peteboa

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie Hitler on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:21 pm

I thought it was funny too.
I think some on here are becoming dismissive of the management criticism (and in this case, jokes at thier expense). I wonder if those same people might not understand how much some of us are still disappointed, and on many occasions for me, downright angry with things happening at my club on and off the pitch this season.
I can really dominate my thoughts sometimes, and makes it hard not to drop the odd comment at any opportunity.
To underestimate or belittle people's feelings at the moment, would be a big mistake.
Eddie Hitler
Eddie Hitler

Back to top Go down

Post by City Awayday on Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:57 pm

Marc Monitor wrote:Bloody rubbish. We were actually saying that the match couldn't be called off that late in the day and then we got turned away from the car park.

Reminded me of time we went up and arrived at the ground on a lovely sunny afternoon only to be turned away at the car park. Match rearranged for the Tuesday and I rang Weston to confirm game was on to save another wasted journey up from Devon. The response from their club was a tired and uninterested "should be". I pressed him for some more information saying I didn't want to make an unnecessary journey. The apathy was almost tangible. He wasn't sure the game would be on this time. When would he know? Reply: how would he know?

Decided not to risk another abortive journey and missed a famous 4-1 City victory. Weston a poorly run club with a very bad attitude to fans.

City Awayday

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior on Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:12 pm

Each away club are meant to send their club history/pen-pics for the matchday programme.

To their credit, Weston sent theirs in plenty of time, but in the predicted line-up they included two players in the 16 man squad twice, two players had left the club and one spelt incorrectly. I replied within a day to ask about those included twice and didn't receive a reply. The pen-pics also included Micky Bell as manager, despite the fact that he left some time in mid-November, four players that had moved on and missed off a couple of new arrivals.

Ok, there are far more pressing things in the universe but thought it was a bit amateurish to be honest.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2