Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New kit possibilities

+11
Marc Monitor
RUDI GULITS
Jon_BOA
Beau Nash
2weirdtown
yuffie
comrade powell
Dave
stillmanjunior
Mark Tanner
Roy D Hacksaw
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New kit possibilities Empty New kit possibilities

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:16 am

With the announcement that our new kit will be unveiled on Saturday, and that it is to be provided by the Jako sportswear company, just for fun I had a look at what was available in our livery in their catalogues.

The Inter appears to be the most likely contender…
http://teamsport.jako.de/en/partner/player-s-apparel/jersey-inter-s-s-schwarz-weiss-4262/

Although the Milan has its charms…
http://teamsport.jako.de/en/partner/player-s-apparel/jersey-milan-s-s-weiss-schwarz-4243/

But the Shepton Mallet style Harlekin would be in interesting diversion…
http://teamsport.jako.de/en/partner/player-s-apparel/football/jersey-harlekin-s-s-schwarz-weiss-4261/

And how's this for a potential away kit…
http://teamsport.jako.de/en/partner/player-s-apparel/football/jersey-milan-s-s-weiss-rot-royal-4243/

As usual, I'm childishly excited about the whole thing!

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

New kit possibilities Empty Re: New kit possibilities

Post by Mark Tanner Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:04 am

I like the second one, they all look smart though! Looking forward to seeing it on Saturday and getting in a pre order for it!

Will it be limited edition though due to the 125?
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:38 am

They look quite basic to me. I'm hoping as a one-off we get something which resembles an old-style shirt of ours. Didn't we have white with very thin black lines before?

I know it didn't go down well with some but I liked last season's home kit. If we were in a league where referees didn't wear black it would have been ideal.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:57 am

None of them have a collar and they're all shaped for the more muscular man than myself. No ta

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:18 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:They look quite basic to me. I'm hoping as a one-off we get something which resembles an old-style shirt of ours. Didn't we have white with very thin black lines before?

I know it didn't go down well with some but I liked last season's home kit. If we were in a league where referees didn't wear black it would have been ideal.

Agreed. I thought we were going for a retro shirt, which would presumably rule those out. The thin black on White were worn in the 60s and would be my preferred choice. They were just after the thin white stripes on black as featured in the Yuffie edition a few years back. Presumably they wouldn't get past the clash with the officials kit, as with last year's Dunfermline cast off which I never took to, especially with the additions to make it legal. I did get to like the purple away strip though and hope it's retained.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:51 pm

Yes that's what I thought with the retro one. I liked last season's before the amendments.

I believe the purple will be kept as a third kit but will wait and see. I liked it.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:16 pm

i thought last season's shirt was the best we'd had for years - both in design and quality - it is a shame that it will mainly be remembered for the nonsense that it clashed with the referee then the problem that the numbers faded

i believe under the previous regime the aim was to have a bespoke kit this season but understandably cost implications put an end to that plan

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:31 pm

I forgot to mention the numbers. For the last couple of kits they've faded massively and it makes the shirt look really tacky, almost Sunday League-esque. Hopefully this effort will have the numbers already included, a bit like last season's original black and white did.

So I guess that means it will be one of the ones Hacksaw linked to. I wasn't that keen on any of them but might be different in the flesh.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:00 pm

yuffie wrote:i thought last season's shirt was the best we'd had for years - both in design and quality - it is a shame that it will mainly be remembered for the nonsense that it clashed with the referee then the problem that the numbers faded

n

Of course, it's all a matter of taste - I thought it looked naff - however, watching that 1st game from the stand at Bish, I could understand why it was outlawed and thought it incredible that anyone at the club thought we'd get away with using it.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:10 pm

Roy D Hacksaw wrote:With the announcement that our new kit will be unveiled on Saturday, and that it is to be provided by the Jako sportswear company, just for fun I had a look at what was available in our livery in their catalogues.

And how's this for a potential away kit…
http://teamsport.jako.de/en/partner/player-s-apparel/football/jersey-milan-s-s-weiss-rot-royal-4243/

Dear oh dear
 silent 
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:38 pm

Something with a little bit of tradition, that is the purpose after all.

As for the above "Jako", why is their logo so prominent, you can put it up their jack*y, awful.

With adaptation for team kit purposes Marc's - https://bathcityfc.forumotion.co.uk/t277-125th-anniversary-t-shirts - with the adjustments as suggested by someone who is never wrong. Cool 
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon_BOA Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:51 pm

Probably taking 2+2 and getting 1000, but I think it's the Milan one. http://teamsport.jako.de/en/partner/player-s-apparel/jersey-milan-s-s-weiss-schwarz-4243/

if you look at the pen pic in the photo on the official website you can see it's got the space for the sponsor (green "LEY" of Tilleys) and a version of the old badge (coat of arms based one), potentially with an anniversary type wreath around the edge of it.

Watch it be none of these and Tilleys to be in pink or something similar.

Jon_BOA

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:20 pm

comrade powell wrote:
yuffie wrote:i thought last season's shirt was the best we'd had for years - both in design and quality - it is a shame that it will mainly be remembered for the nonsense that it clashed with the referee then the problem that the numbers faded

n

Of course, it's all a matter of taste - I thought it looked naff - however, watching that 1st game from the stand at Bish, I could understand why it was outlawed and thought it incredible that anyone at the club thought we'd get away with using it.

hmmm, i don't think stortford would have complained had they not lost the game and once it was paired with white shorts there was even less of an issue

as long as we stick to stripes we are always going to have a very limited choice as few manufactures have more than one or two designs, which is why i thought last season's bespoke (though, admittedly, not for us!) shirt was so much better - the narrow stripes were not unlike previous designs and the red trim on the sleeves gave it a splash of colour without distracting from the overall look

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:27 pm

I thought it was the white patch on the back of the shirt which made them ok with the powers that be.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:29 pm

i guess that was done as well to cover our back from any further complaints

Very Happy  see what i did there?

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by RUDI GULITS Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:41 pm

i liked the 1st one
as for the away kit we have had yellow and red kits
why not go for the yellow and red stripes
then it don't matter wich kit we use
we can still shout come on you stripes Smile 
RUDI GULITS
RUDI GULITS

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:33 pm

I would be happy with that as it would reflect Partick Thistle's

Obviously, it isn't going to be a bespoke kit - may be in 25 years' time.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Timbo_b-o-a Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:36 pm

Jon_BOA wrote:Probably taking 2+2 and getting 1000, but I think it's the Milan one. http://teamsport.jako.de/en/partner/player-s-apparel/jersey-milan-s-s-weiss-schwarz-4243/

if you look at the pen pic in the photo on the official website you can see it's got the space for the sponsor (green "LEY" of Tilleys) and a version of the old badge (coat of arms based one), potentially with an anniversary type wreath around the edge of it.

Watch it be none of these and Tilleys to be in pink or something similar.

Yes I think it's clear thats a snippet of the shirt on the main website. As a commemorative shirt it would've been nice not to have an international kit makers name scrawled on the front but maybe its unavoidable. The old badge is a nice touch. If its got a collar I may try and get an unsponsored one.
Timbo_b-o-a
Timbo_b-o-a

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:43 pm

here's a shot of the new kit

New kit possibilities 1415kit

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:59 pm

New kit possibilities 12-dif13

I really hope this isn't a permanent thing and they can make them more readable. Otherwise expect a lot of incorrect goals announced next season.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:10 pm

i agree about the numbers - the first thing i thought when i saw them was you wouldn't be happy!

on the plus side it is nice to see the return of numbers on the shorts

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:22 pm

Yes that is good (although still doesn't help me!) and I like the keeper kit, but the home shirts I just think look a bit cheap. Be interesting to see what we've gone for with an away kit
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tanner Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:31 pm

What is up with that badge?! Good to see the original badge back on a shirt but no need for the red bit at the top. Remove that and put 125 plain and simple at the bottom of the design as the red takes away from the subtle gold leafs on the outside which is a great touch. Or just have the badge and gold as everyone knows it's a 125 season!

Also don't use a stick on patch again, embroider it onto the shirts to make it last! There are plenty of places that do embroidery in Bath; and Cardiff have an excellent company that will make up the badge and email it back to you to use at other embroiders!

I like the shirt apart from the white bits on the shoulders, just needs a stronger sponsors logo on the front to stand out more. Also if we had it bespoke from Jako then have a white or black block on the back for numbers, not that horrible bit of print with print on top like last year!
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:03 am

It is a really really bad kit
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:43 am

The gap for the sponsors name is humunguous and looks silly in my opinion.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum