Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bath 1 Chelmsford 2

3 posters

Go down

Bath 1 Chelmsford 2 Empty Bath 1 Chelmsford 2

Post by BenE Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:06 am

Disappointing game after the excitement of the first home game.

Jerry was forced into changes as both Touray and Wood were unavailable but we thought the team wasn't quite balanced. It was exciting to see Joe Raynes back but it was a surprise not to replace Wood with Ball at left back. Jack Batten didn't seem comfortable on the left side at all. Holness was overwhelmed in midfield.

The ref was inconsistent with his officiating but it didn't really affect the result. Chelmsford were more threatening in attack and defended stoutly. It wasn't until Harley came on that we got a bit of zip to our game and the new kiddy suddenly came alive. Unfortunately it was a bit late.

BenE
BenE

Bridgeyate likes this post

Back to top Go down

Bath 1 Chelmsford 2 Empty Re: Bath 1 Chelmsford 2

Post by LB Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:39 pm

I think Chelmsford had done their homework on us - they played a very high line in the first half and made it very difficult for us but probably shaded the half and Ryan was the busier of the two keepers. I don't think we made the best use of Freear who often seemed isolated on the left.

Although we have a lot of skilful players I think we lack a 'Frankie' type in midfield to break up play - we have found ourselves under pressure in all three games so far because of it. I think Tom Smith tried to do it yesterday but it isn't his best role. Harley did give it more stability when he came on and is possibly the passer of a ball we have.

Still early days and I am sure Jerry and the players will learn from this and it is good that we have another game tomorrow, but we will need to be much better against Dartford on Saturday.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:24 am

Some good points there LB.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down