Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interview with Nick Blofeld

+3
OliverH
Roman Mike
stillmanjunior
7 posters

Go down

Interview with Nick Blofeld Empty Interview with Nick Blofeld

Post by stillmanjunior Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:15 am

I chatted to Nick last week about a survey which the club sent to supporters a few months back. Interview available via link below:

https://soundcloud.com/bath-city-internet-radio/nick-blofeld-august-2017
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Interview with Nick Blofeld Empty Re: Interview with Nick Blofeld

Post by Roman Mike Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:31 am

Nice work Mark and Nick Very Happy
Roman Mike
Roman Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by OliverH Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:47 am

The research results are available here:

https://www.slideshare.net/OliverHoltaway/bath-city-fc-research-report-2017?qid=921db9ec-444e-450c-ba08-9bba07a65761&v=&b=&from_search=1

(Apologies that it has taken so long to publish them! That's on me, not the club).
OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Voutt Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:38 am

OliverH wrote:The research results are available here:

https://www.slideshare.net/OliverHoltaway/bath-city-fc-research-report-2017?qid=921db9ec-444e-450c-ba08-9bba07a65761&v=&b=&from_search=1

(Apologies that it has taken so long to publish them! That's on me, not the club).

Thank you for all your work.

I have to say it makes difficult reading.

Colin Voutt

Back to top Go down

Post by OliverH Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:10 am

Thanks Colin - do you mean that the report is difficult to read, or that the information itself is concerning?

I'm hoping to get board members to respond to the various points raised by the survey through short videos etc, to make the findings more digestible.
OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Voutt Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:31 am

OliverH wrote:Thanks Colin - do you mean that the report is difficult to read, or that the information itself is concerning?

I'm hoping to get board members to respond to the various points raised by the survey through short videos etc, to make the findings more digestible.

I believe I have reading age of over 14 years - the max measured. It is difficult to decipher the data.

Colin Voutt

Back to top Go down

Post by OliverH Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:58 am

It's a fair criticism. I had hoped to launch the findings with the video breakdowns which would have made things clearer but obviously directors time and attention is at a premium. This deck was really only intended for those who wanted to pore over the precise data, its not ideal to launch with it but equally it felt important to get it out there.

At the very least, I hope that the first few slides give a good summary of supporters main priorities.
OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:31 pm

Thanks for that, Oliver. I find the slides very informative and clear. I thought that, where real life decisions contradicted survey answers (such as votes on the away kit and badge design), it is, hopefully, a good sign. It could be that, as community ownership becomes more of a reality, people realise where their involvement is welcome, crucial and positive.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by cbtroman Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:51 pm

Proud to see the club move in this new direction off the pitch and thanks for slides - consulting with fans - envy of many supporters of other clubs.

Good interview in chronicle with Nick Blofeld too

cbtroman

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:11 pm

I think it is fairly clear. The values can easily be seen by comparing the relative size of blocks in graphs and charts. So if it is a big fat piece of pie then most people who responded felt this way.

As observed there is some confusion about the relationship between community shareholding and society membership. I must admit that I have struggled with this myself.

Possibly a communication needs to be sent to all community shareholders to tell them that they are society members and hence the benefits /responsibilities this brings. eg having an influence on how the club develops by proposing and voting on motions at meetings.

As Marc says the survey shows that most respondents did not feel it was necessary to get involved with choosing club colours or badge but this was the exact opposite of what was voted through with a very strong majority at the AGM.

It was refreshing to see so many people at the AGM and I would hope that even more will take an active interest in future. It helps to make the club stronger all round.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down