Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City v Oxford

+7
yuffie
comrade powell
BenE
sned
Steve Whites Missus
Ashley
Luton Roman
11 posters

Go down

City v Oxford  Empty City v Oxford

Post by Luton Roman Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:23 pm

Artus for Watkins to start. Bowman for Artus on bench.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

City v Oxford  Empty Re: City v Oxford

Post by Ashley Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:46 pm

Decent first half, McCootie accepted a gift from the Oxford defence to give us the lead and when they went down to 10 all looked fine.

Second half completely different and City look like they've never met each other while Oxford run riot.

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:29 am

Bit quiet. People still in shock?

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:09 am

We started so well!

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by sned Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:08 am

While we threw the game away in the 2nd half we still created enough to win the match.

Fleetwood should've scored, Shaq (I think, not Monthe as per the website) hit the bar late on, plus a couple of other more-than-half chances.

Still, hopefully H&R will have a shocker on Saturday and we'll see the end of Gosport being our bogey team next week. Fingers crossed!

sned

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:44 am

Quite frankly I have seen this coming.

Our strikers?? are shot shy. We haven't actually got someone who can be relied upon to put the ball in the back of the net. We missed some absolute sitters.

Secondly Chas was always likely to come undone against any pace.

There you have it in a nutshell.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:50 am

Afraid your right, Benny - Owers has been complaining about wasted chances after just about every match and our chickens came home to roost last night. The faffing about in the 2nd half suggested they have been watching videos of Arsenal.

Early red cards often decide the outcome of games but not like that - Oxford seemed to be galvanised by going down to 10 men and we were clueless on how to make the extra man count.

Hopefully their loanees from Oxford Utd won't be available for the cup match (well the bloke sent off certainly won't be)
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:53 am

Thought it was 2 weeks at this level before bans kicked in.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:30 pm

Is that the case with the cup? Seems really odd that red cards are not followed by immediate bans.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:24 pm

Will be interesting to see GO's thoughts (if printable). Also, thoughts on Chas v. Batten at the back now? horses for courses no doubt.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:00 pm

You can hear GO's thoughts on last night if you continue listening to Ken's rallying call on the other thread.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:52 pm

comrade powell wrote:Is that the case with the cup? Seems really odd that red cards are not followed by immediate bans.

It is now 7 days at our level.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:47 pm

A measured response from GO I think.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:20 pm

Tell me about it. I was preparing to hide behind Ross for the interview, ask him about missed chances before running back to my flat, but he seemed calm throughout.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by miker Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:12 pm

Video of the goals are on the Oxford fans forum

miker

Back to top Go down

Post by cannonball Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:06 pm

I have calmed down since 9.30pm on Tuesday evening when I couldn't believe what I had just witnessed. Yes I thought Gary Owers comments were probably about right, although he must have been seething with rage inside.

I had thought the days of woeful performances like that were over when the last Management duo left.... but as a few have said, the 'cracks' have been showing with all the missed chances during the games this season and although we played so poorly, if we had taken 50% of the chances we made, Oxford would have been dead and buried and their first two goals would have made no difference. We did miss Watkins & especially Marvin Morgan who has led the line very well this season so far and holds things together up front. If only Fleetwood would show even one iota of the form he used to display, we would not have this problem with missed chances.....he has been such a big disappointment for someone with his pedigree.

We were so slow and ponderous, lacking in any vision and ideas - especially after a very tired Artus went off - and were being closed down so quickly by Oxford when we did have the ball, we just did not know what to do most of the time. Fair play to Oxford, they really wanted to win and ironically the sending off galvanised them to run around even more. In fact, for a team that had only won once in 16 previous League games, they were surprisingly upbeat and sharp.

Lets hope we are 'on it' on Saturday because if we are not, Hampton will take us apart with their goal scoring record so far this season. Changes are inevitable as GO says and if the players do not work a lot harder for 90 minutes it will be a very difficult afternoon.  Shocked
cannonball
cannonball

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:22 pm

No one has mentioned Dan Ball's performance. He had some great moves forward.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by danver Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:50 pm

I still think we need Dan Ball in the middle of the defence, terrifying gaps appearing where he used to cover, Chas is most impressive in front of a back four, and poor Naby looks lost in a striker role. I thought Fleetwood did just enough to warrant a start on Saturday, assuming Marvin is still not fit, and Nick McCootie is working so hard he must start putting away his chances soon. Certainly more hopeful than it was at this time last season, even though we were around top spot, it wasn't that convincing.

danver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down