Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THEY'VE ONLY GONE AND DONE IT AGAIN

+7
pete mac
Steve Whites Missus
daven
the demon headmaster
Beau Nash
BenE
SASCHA
11 posters

Go down

THEY'VE ONLY GONE AND DONE IT AGAIN Empty THEY'VE ONLY GONE AND DONE IT AGAIN

Post by SASCHA Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:05 pm

Equaliser in the 90th from Dan Bowman
Well done boys, always knew Gary would turn things around.

SASCHA

Back to top Go down

THEY'VE ONLY GONE AND DONE IT AGAIN Empty Re: THEY'VE ONLY GONE AND DONE IT AGAIN

Post by BenE Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:50 pm

Don't know why butI'm having difficulty getting on this site but yes another fantastic fight back. It sounded like it was all City second half so fully deserved. Chas Hemmings did what he had to do so well done to him.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

THEY'VE ONLY GONE AND DONE IT AGAIN Empty Re: THEY'VE ONLY GONE AND DONE IT AGAIN

Post by Beau Nash Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:32 pm

So now "Fergie" time is renamed Owers (overs) time. cheers lol!
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:59 pm

Hemings was superb and helped turn the game in our favour. His touch, range of passing and, yes, aerial ability kept winning the ball back and moving us forward. Although it took us a while to create any real openings Hemel were really hanging on in the last 10 minutes, and we were helped by their time wasting tactics that enabled us to crank up the pressure even more. It was well deserved in the end after a pretty poor first half. A draw that definitely felt like a win!

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by daven Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:12 pm

Well done City! Another good second half performance - what does Gary say at half time?
(St Albans beat Whitehawk 6-0 !)

daven

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:47 pm

Hemmings was superb.

I'm amazed to hear that this season, but glad. The training sessions must be working wonders.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by SASCHA Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:24 pm

Really pleased for young Dan Bowman who for me was the one positive during our dreadful performances.
Also pleased for Chas , who in some eyes was becoming the joke that he appeared to be when he first arrived and was surely playing out of position. Let's hope he finds the form of the middle third of last season, when he proved himself to have one of the quickest football brains that we've seen for a long time.
Amazing what change (common sense) can do for players.
We now have a football manager at this club after suffering for such a long time.
We now look to Tuesday with some confidence and belief and I personally am not hoping for failure, as at one point I was.
I did ask the question previously in my topic "IS IT EVER WRONG" to hope that your team fails?. I doubt myself no more as I am sure that if Britton and Howells had stayed and picked up a few points here and there, then God forbid they would still be here.

SASCHA

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:36 pm

Another great result that keeps us clear of the bottom 3. As long as we went in only 1-9 down after a poor start we had a chance.

Carbon copy of Tuesday night.

Great that Chas is back playing well.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:41 pm

That was 1-0 down at Ht

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:10 pm

Great end with celebrations on and off the pitch but...first half was poor.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:16 pm

daven wrote:Well done City! Another good second half performance - what does Gary say at half time?
(St Albans beat Whitehawk 6-0 !)

And what is said before the start? These early goals against us are now becoming the norm and mean we always seem to be chasing the game. Someone put it down to the defence continually being changed and that certainly can't help, but surely the team can adopt a mindset that they will try to keep possession in the early minutes and fight to win the ball back when possession is lost.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:37 pm

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:38 am

Great headline.

It might be that we are not prepared for the opposition. We find out by half time and put it right!

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Ged Roddy Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:20 am

Great headline, but a much better report from Koppite https://bathcityfc.forumotion.co.uk/t1141-hemel-hempstead-town-11-bath-city-01
He mentions the time-wasting from the Hemel 'keeper but, for some reason, the Hemel report doesn't!

Sir Ged Roddy

Back to top Go down

Post by SASCHA Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:33 pm

I don't wish to appear over confident, but when we defeat Gosport tomorrow evening we will rise to 12th place in the table.

SASCHA

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:44 pm

12th? That's Chelsea territory...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by SASCHA Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:21 am

comrade powell wrote:12th? That's Chelsea territory...
The big difference is Martin, I have confidence with one but not the other.

SASCHA

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:11 am

So presumably, tonight, we will concede sometime in the first 15 minutes. If it's not until the 15th minute then that will be some sort of progress.
Smile
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:20 pm

SASCHA wrote:I don't wish to appear over confident, but when we defeat Gosport tomorrow evening we will rise to 12th place in the table.
...and if we lose we could be 19th pale ...so come on  cheers Ebbsfleet and Dartford;  Truro winning  Basketball would help us in the longer outlook.
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:32 pm

We could try being awake from the start and going on and winning the match - ie, taking matters into our own hands rather than relying on results elsewhere.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:49 pm

2weirdtown wrote: So presumably, tonight, we will concede sometime in the first 15 minutes.  If it's not until the 15th minute then that will be some sort of progress.
Smile
I believe it was the 19th minute tonight!
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum