Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harlow Town away

+20
suffolkexile
the demon headmaster
Marc Monitor
kermit
Twerton Park Magic
Steve Whites Missus
buddah@htfc
tango602
yuffie
comrade powell
City Awayday
SteveBradley
Ashley
Harlow Fan
Beau Nash
2weirdtown
Luton Roman
stillmanjunior
pete mac
A36
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Harlow Town away - Page 2 Empty Re: Harlow Town away

Post by Steve Whites Missus Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:40 pm

buddah@htfc wrote:

there in force making lot of noise, lots of flags, drums, confetti, inflatables and of course the air raid siren, cant bring it on.

That reminds me... must take son to soft play that day...... Laughing

Last edited by Steve Whites Missus on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:41 pm

buddah@htfc wrote:
if we raise our game and you under estimate us I think there might be a shock in store.

After our last visit to Essex in the cup, I don't think we will be under estimating you.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:00 pm

Harlow Fan wrote:
I was expecting a reasonable number from yourselves. My worry was we'd draw somebody like an East Thurrock or the like who don't really have any support.

We didn't want East Thurrock either but for very different reasons Sad

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:35 pm

buddah@htfc wrote:good morning gents

I gent the feeling that we are not an exciting tie for you but for me personally I cant wait.

the opportunity to test ourselves against the big boy I cant wait.

it has all the makings of a cup shock, 1 win in 6 for you, no manager, playing away on 3g, 3hrs from home against a side playing well and scoring lots of goals.
if we raise our game and you under estimate us I think there might be a shock in store.

my prediction is a 2-1 win to Harlow, and the Harlow ultras will be there in force making lot of noise, lots of flags, drums, confetti, inflatables and of course the air raid siren, cant bring it on.

good luck guys, here's to a great game

Urgh, drums should be filed under the 'things that should be banned from football grounds' along with goal music and Steve Evans.

After the East Thurrock debacle I'm sure we will do our homework, but I don't think it'll be an easy afternoon.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveBradley Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:22 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:

I gent the feeling that we are not an exciting tie for you but for me personally I cant wait.

it has all the makings of a cup shock, 1 win in 6 for you, no manager, playing away on 3g, 3hrs from home against a side playing well and scoring lots of goals.

my prediction is a 2-1 win to Harlow, and the Harlow ultras will be there in force making lot of noise, lots of flags, drums, confetti, inflatables and of course the air raid siren, cant bring it on.

Urgh, drums should be filed under the 'things that should be banned from football grounds' along with goal music and Steve Evans.

After the East Thurrock debacle I'm sure we will do our homework, but I don't think it'll be an easy afternoon.

The problem in English football is that no-one has seen drums done well, so just thinks they're a head-wrecking nuisance.

If done right they can add a huge amount to the atmosphere, even with a relatively small crowd.

SteveBradley

Back to top Go down

Post by Twerton Park Magic Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:33 pm

Well now Steve, we have a fine pans band in Bath - the Rainbow Steel Band - perhaps they could come down and do a pre-match show in the car-park, or half-time on the pitch? They've been around for over 50 years and have a world-wide reputation.  I first heard them when Gary Sobers scored a big, big century for West Indies vs Somerset on the Rec in about 1963. Basketball

Twerton Park Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:29 pm

On the coach now, by no means a bad result and a replay was fair. Tense at the end but saw it out.

And Harlow must have the worst fans I've come across at non league football. From being welcomed into the ground with a f**k off to the bloke walking behind the goal second half looking for a scrap. Vile lot.

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:46 pm

Ashley wrote:On the coach now, by no means a bad result and a replay was fair. Tense at the end but saw it out.

And Harlow must have the worst fans I've come across at non league football. From being welcomed into the ground with a f**k off to the bloke walking behind the goal second half looking for a scrap. Vile lot.
I don't suppose any of those 'fans' will turn up on Tuesday.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:55 pm

I doubt it very much but they were a disgrace. Hopefully their proper supporters will come Tuesday and show that they're actually a decent bunch let down by a minority of people who'd never watched them before.

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:51 pm

I have watched football all around Europe and never seen drums done well so can only assume that they must be amazing in South America or Africa.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:06 pm

Back home now

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:08 pm

The drum was fine, pity about the language for a "family club".

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:24 pm

Doh it's missed off most of my post. In essence Ashley is right about the result. Artus was excellent and Watkins a lifesaver. Hope Simmo's injury is not serious.

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by suffolkexile Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:07 pm

Agree with Ashley, Harlow supporters possibly the most vile foul mouthed brood I have come across in 40 years of following City. Whoever is promoting Harlow as a family club must be some sort of warped comedian...

suffolkexile

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:14 pm

Sad to hear about that - their officials etc couldn't have been more welcoming with us in the stand.

No time to say more, I have a programme to write...
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by RUDI GULITS Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:19 pm

cant believe they were as bad as Fleetwood
could not go today so could not judge
Fleetwood would take some beating in my book
fans,stewards and groundsman were horrid
never go there again
RUDI GULITS
RUDI GULITS

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:14 pm

Well as 95% of the culprits will be at school on Wednesday morning, I very much doubt they will be at the replay. As always, it's down to stewarding and the few who were present today turned the usual blind eye or ear. But I suppose they'd have leapt into action if anyone had dared stand in the 'hatched area' in front of the stand, warnings for which were posted all over the place.

As for our performance, we really do save our worst for Essex it seems. Harlow were there for the taking before the break, with their keeper a bundle of nerves. Some of our players appeared to find the pitch very difficult to play on - let's hope they show Harlow they really are two levels better on Tuesday because today was unacceptable.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Maurice Ashman Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:17 am

Ashley wrote:On the coach now, by no means a bad result and a replay was fair. Tense at the end but saw it out.

I was luckier with my experience of their supporters. Having 'sussed out' that the less full bar was upstairs, I set off in search of some non-fizzy beer, I was greeted by the usual jeers, which I half expected. Even though I already had a drink from the more crowded downstairs bar, I approached the servery to a chorus of banter, but did not hear any swearing. With that, one of their number offered to buy me a pint - and then did so! Discretion being the better part of valour, I then retreated back downstairs. BTW, the woman who 'guarded' the tunnel throughout claimed that Harlow Town FC own the ground 'lock stock and barrel'. I would be slightly surprised if that is true.

Maurice Ashman

Back to top Go down

Post by sean Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:22 am

Not forgetting the group of yobs who "waved" our coach goodbye as we drove away. I see they're still in the Trophy. I hope that if they get as far as the first round, they draw Dover - those clubs are made for each other!

sean

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:36 am

So are you coming to the replay? Despite our disgust at some of your fans yesterday, the ones who can watch a game without the obscenities will be made very welcome and actually thanked for the effort.

And I thought the siren was a nice touch - made a change to the usual awful goal music.

Btw, having seen your outfit yesterday, it was a bit ironic that the school kids mocked our keeper's yellow kit! Wink
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:18 pm

Disappointing how we fail to impose ourselves against lower level teams yet raise our game against tougher teams, viz Cup and Trophy last year. On yesterday's performance we could be heading to Wembley in the Trophy. Apart from Frankie's endeavour and skill, and Watkins cameo we were well off the pace. Pitch and confidence levels I guess but I expect a basic level of commitment, energy and skill, certainly in the FA Cup where money and profile can change seasons, clubs and lives. Adie has talked up the performance in the paper, lets hope home advantage and grass gets us through to a winnable tie.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveBradley Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:03 am

Twerton Park Magic wrote:Well now Steve, we have a fine pans band in Bath - the Rainbow Steel Band - perhaps they could come down and do a pre-match show in the car-park, or half-time on the pitch? They've been around for over 50 years and have a world-wide reputation.  I first heard them when Gary Sobers scored a big, big century for West Indies vs Somerset on the Rec in about 1963. Basketball

I know Rainbow well TPM - the oldest continuous steel band in Britain !

They practise at the Percy Community Centre, and were due to find themselves homeless as that was scheduled for redevelopment this year. I got agreement from the club that they could use Twerton Park to practise in in-return for playing at a few city games. But Rainbow weren't great at returning phonecalls/being communicative so the idea went cold. Plus Percy realised they didn't have the money for their work, so the threat of Rainbow being homeless resided.

As part of the Bid's sponsorship of Bath Carnival this year, we're due a performance of Jam de Samba (samba band) at TP for a game. Watch this space Smile

SteveBradley

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:40 pm

More Harlow news.

A pal of mine watched the Trophy match between his local team Molesey and Harlow. Our FA Cup defeaters managed to turn a 3-1 lead into a 4-3 defeat, kicked off a mass brawl on the pitch at the whistle, and carried on the hostilities into the clubhouse.

Horrible, horrible club.

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:43 pm

Agreed - good riddance to them!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:46 pm

Molesey knocked Didcot out in the last round, who I watched a couple of weeks back. Top club.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next