Harlow Town away

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Harlow Town away

Post by A36 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:01 pm

On Saturday 10th October

A36

Posts : 128
Join date : 2014-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Harlow Town away

Post by pete mac on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:21 pm

Shame not a home draw but winnable. They seem to be doing well in their league (2 below us in pyramid?)

pete mac

Posts : 635
Join date : 2014-02-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Harlow Town away

Post by stillmanjunior on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:25 pm

It's another 3G pitch I believe.
avatar
stillmanjunior

Posts : 1293
Join date : 2014-02-21
Age : 31
Location : Defending it confidently

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Harlow Town away

Post by pete mac on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:26 pm

At least we have had some practice!

pete mac

Posts : 635
Join date : 2014-02-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Harlow Town away

Post by Luton Roman on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:28 pm

Cant complain about these draws, apart form the fact teams raise their game against us.

Luton Roman

Posts : 1073
Join date : 2014-02-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Harlow Town away

Post by pete mac on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:30 pm

More bothered about the loss of Nico

pete mac

Posts : 635
Join date : 2014-02-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Harlow Town away

Post by stillmanjunior on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:40 pm

As Gerry sort of implies it could have been a lot worse. Sutton are away to Hemel, Truro's reward if they beat Taunton is a trip to Margate and Basingstoke are home to Chelmsford or Ebbsfleet!
avatar
stillmanjunior

Posts : 1293
Join date : 2014-02-21
Age : 31
Location : Defending it confidently

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Harlow Town away

Post by 2weirdtown on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:42 pm

I thought it was regional at this stage? That is frankly a most unappealing draw. Winnable of course but with all respect to Harlow it's not going to set people travelling in any numbers.
If it had been Gloucester, WSM or even someone like Didcot then more fans will travel and more vital income for the host club.
Those running football really have their heads up their arses.
avatar
2weirdtown

Posts : 496
Join date : 2014-02-20
Location : Bridport

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Harlow Town away

Post by Luton Roman on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:44 pm

Their average support is around 200 with a high of near 300 this season so it could be more than the Bodmin crowd.

Luton Roman

Posts : 1073
Join date : 2014-02-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Harlow Town away

Post by Beau Nash on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:48 pm

2weirdtown wrote:I thought it was regional at this stage?  That is frankly a most unappealing draw.  Winnable of course but with all respect to Harlow it's not going to set people travelling in any numbers.
If it had been Gloucester, WSM or even someone like Didcot then more fans will travel and more vital income for the host club.
Those running football really have their heads up their arses.

Agreed,  regionalising the draw up to the round that Football League clubs enter would make a positive difference to attendances.  

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the "income", after certain expenses, shared between the two clubs?
avatar
Beau Nash

Posts : 755
Join date : 2014-02-20
Location : Bath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Harlow Town away

Post by Harlow Fan on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:50 pm

Mixed views on this one. We were hoping for an easier draw at this stage or perhaps a local derby with Chelmsford.

That said, we could have ended up playing a team from a division or two above who would have brought about 10 fans with them so it could have been worse.

We do indeed have a 3G pitch. At least no danger of a postponement and midweek trip for you.

We had about 300 for the Bedford game in an earlier round of the cup (with very few Bedford fans). Would think we'll have a good 4-500 of our own for the next round.

Just seen we could have Margate v Truro - best part of 14/15 hour return journey. Ouch.

Harlow Fan

Posts : 3
Join date : 2015-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Harlow Town away

Post by A36 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:57 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:As Gerry sort of implies it could have been a lot worse. Sutton are away to Hemel, Truro's reward if they beat Taunton is a trip to Margate and Basingstoke are home to Chelmsford or Ebbsfleet!
Not to mention Whitehawk v Gosport. The FA seem determined to thin out the number of Conference South clubs in the fourth qualifying round. Already a maximum of only twelve.

A36

Posts : 128
Join date : 2014-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Harlow Town away

Post by Ashley on Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:11 pm

Ground looks smart too, and it's somewhere different to go.

Ashley

Posts : 714
Join date : 2014-02-21
Age : 27
Location : Front row of the coach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Harlow Town away

Post by SteveBradley on Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:38 pm

Shame to be away on Non League Day, as would've added a few to the gate. Not a bad draw apart from that !

Decent enough draw for Larkhall too, if they can pull off a shock replay win tomorrow night

SteveBradley

Posts : 158
Join date : 2014-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Harlow Town away

Post by City Awayday on Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:47 pm

2weirdtown wrote:I thought it was regional at this stage?  That is frankly a most unappealing draw.  Winnable of course but with all respect to Harlow it's not going to set people travelling in any numbers.
If it had been Gloucester, WSM or even someone like Didcot then more fans will travel and more vital income for the host club.
Those running football really have their heads up their arses.

Very poetic, 2weirdtown. I share your sentiments exactly.

City Awayday

Posts : 28
Join date : 2014-02-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Harlow Town away

Post by 2weirdtown on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:06 am

yeh, I guess if I was an M25 'groundhopper' I'd be quite excited.  But as I like photographing manhole covers and roundabouts this one's not for me.

Crying or Very sad
avatar
2weirdtown

Posts : 496
Join date : 2014-02-20
Location : Bridport

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Harlow Town away

Post by Harlow Fan on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:08 am

I think we have more roundabouts in Harlow than anywhere else in the country (bar Milton Keynes perhaps).

Big ones, small ones, all sorts to keep you entertained.

Harlow Fan

Posts : 3
Join date : 2015-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Harlow Town away

Post by comrade powell on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:37 am

Look who came out of the hat immediately after us...

18 Harlow Town v Bath City
19 East Thurrock United v Staines Town

affraid
avatar
comrade powell

Posts : 3727
Join date : 2014-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Harlow Town away

Post by yuffie on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:47 am

New ground and, having missed Maidstone, my first view of a game on a 3G pitch.

It'll do for me.

yuffie

Posts : 808
Join date : 2014-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Harlow Town away

Post by tango602 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:50 am

2weirdtown wrote:I thought it was regional at this stage?  That is frankly a most unappealing draw.  Winnable of course but with all respect to Harlow it's not going to set people travelling in any numbers.
If it had been Gloucester, WSM or even someone like Didcot then more fans will travel and more vital income for the host club.
Those running football really have their heads up their arses.

I believe the regions at this stage for this season are just North and South looking at the draw, I think there may have been a West region in the 2nd Qualifying Round but I am not 100% sure so please don't assume that as gospel.

tango602

Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-09-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Harlow Town away

Post by stillmanjunior on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:47 am

I think you're right about west/east. I can't remember us ever playing a team from the east side of the country really early in the FA Cup. Which is nice as we spend the other eight months of the season there anyway.
avatar
stillmanjunior

Posts : 1293
Join date : 2014-02-21
Age : 31
Location : Defending it confidently

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Harlow Town away

Post by 2weirdtown on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:41 am

Harlow Fan wrote:Mixed views on this one. We were hoping for an easier draw at this stage or perhaps a local derby with Chelmsford.

That said, we could have ended up playing a team from a division or two above who would have brought about 10 fans with them so it could have been worse.

We do indeed have a 3G pitch. At least no danger of a postponement and midweek trip for you.

We had about 300 for the Bedford game in an earlier round of the cup (with very few Bedford fans). Would think we'll have a good 4-500 of our own for the next round.

Just seen we could have Margate v Truro - best part of 14/15 hour return journey. Ouch.
Well I think you'll be getting considerably more than 10 visiting fans.  Somewhere around 80-100 I reckon.
avatar
2weirdtown

Posts : 496
Join date : 2014-02-20
Location : Bridport

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Harlow Town away

Post by Harlow Fan on Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:33 pm

2weirdtown wrote:
Harlow Fan wrote:Mixed views on this one. We were hoping for an easier draw at this stage or perhaps a local derby with Chelmsford.

That said, we could have ended up playing a team from a division or two above who would have brought about 10 fans with them so it could have been worse.

We do indeed have a 3G pitch. At least no danger of a postponement and midweek trip for you.

We had about 300 for the Bedford game in an earlier round of the cup (with very few Bedford fans). Would think we'll have a good 4-500 of our own for the next round.

Just seen we could have Margate v Truro - best part of 14/15 hour return journey. Ouch.
Well I think you'll be getting considerably more than 10 visiting fans.  Somewhere around 80-100 I reckon.


I was expecting a reasonable number from yourselves. My worry was we'd draw somebody like an East Thurrock or the like who don't really have any support.

Harlow Fan

Posts : 3
Join date : 2015-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Harlow town

Post by buddah@htfc on Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:20 pm

good morning gents

I gent the feeling that we are not an exciting tie for you but for me personally I cant wait.

the opportunity to test ourselves against the big boy I cant wait.

it has all the makings of a cup shock, 1 win in 6 for you, no manager, playing away on 3g, 3hrs from home against a side playing well and scoring lots of goals.
if we raise our game and you under estimate us I think there might be a shock in store.

my prediction is a 2-1 win to Harlow, and the Harlow ultras will be there in force making lot of noise, lots of flags, drums, confetti, inflatables and of course the air raid siren, cant bring it on.

good luck guys, here's to a great game

buddah@htfc

Posts : 1
Join date : 2015-09-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Harlow Town away

Post by SteveBradley on Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:38 pm

buddah@htfc wrote:good morning gents

I gent the feeling that we are not an exciting tie for you but for me personally I cant wait.

the opportunity to test ourselves against the big boy I cant wait.

it has all the makings of a cup shock, 1 win in 6 for you, no manager, playing away on 3g, 3hrs from home against a side playing well and scoring lots of goals.
if we raise our game and you under estimate us I think there might be a shock in store.

my prediction is a 2-1 win to Harlow, and the Harlow ultras will be there in force making lot of noise, lots of flags, drums, confetti, inflatables and of course the air raid siren, cant bring it on.

good luck guys, here's to a great game

Do you know something we don't....?! Shocked

SteveBradley

Posts : 158
Join date : 2014-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Harlow Town away

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum