Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Torquay United's new player / manager

+17
SteveS
Twerton Park Magic
turnstyle13
Manchester Romans
comrade powell
Ashley
SteveBradley
BenE
yuffie
Beau Nash
2weirdtown
Luton Roman
stillmanjunior
Roman Mike
Jon_BOA
pete mac
A36
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Torquay United's new player / manager - Page 2 Empty Re: Torquay United's new player / manager

Post by SteveS Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:45 pm

I see Torquay lost again, 2 defeats in 2 for Nicholson although it seems they played a lot better tonight and did not deserve to lose. Bad news is that Torquay keeper seems to have had a howler, not for the first time. It is desperate times down there and not beyond reals of possibility he may try for Phillips. I would guess he is likely to be on non contract so nothing we could do to stop him if he wanted to go.

SteveS

Back to top Go down

Torquay United's new player / manager - Page 2 Empty Re: Torquay United's new player / manager

Post by LB Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:30 pm

Isn't the Torquay keeper the one who scored the 'own goal' in the Trophy game at Rovers?

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by pmh9800 Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:38 am

Yes. I saw him play a few times for Rovers (I saw them when City were away) and he was poor in every game. He looked (and probably still does) out of his depth in that league.

pmh9800

Back to top Go down

Post by turnstyle13 Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:17 pm

Lets hope Nico doesn't want Philips but if he did want to go for an experienced ex City keeper who also played for Torquay and who lives in South Devon he could always phone Ken Allen who would probably play for Torquay for nowt.

turnstyle13

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:55 pm

Is he still a postman?
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:48 pm

He might have got the sack! Seriously, he has possibly retired by now because by my reckoning he must be around 65.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Ged Roddy Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:37 pm

LB wrote:He might have got the sack! Seriously, he has possibly retired by now because by my reckoning he must be around 65.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_Allen_(footballer) Blimey, I assumed he'd be older than me.  Why is it that people always assume that famous people are older than them?

Sir Ged Roddy

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:43 pm

He looks older than you Ged Wink
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2