Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jake Reid/Scott Wilson

+5
Midsomer-steve
BenE
stillmanjunior
comrade powell
Jon_BOA
9 posters

Go down

Jake Reid/Scott Wilson Empty Jake Reid/Scott Wilson

Post by Jon_BOA Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:45 pm

Now I am certain this will be like a red rag to a bull for Comrade Powell, however, it's been annoying me the last few games.

Given that Reid is on loan (and frankly hasn't looked great to my eyes in either spell with City), while Scott Wilson is "our" player (non contract?) why has Reid started at the expense of the younger, potentially longer term forward?

Surely we should be giving Wilson the chance to impress before the season finishes to see if he's a player we want to sign on for next year (and therefore run with 3 forwards in Pratt, Watkins and Wilson)?

Jon_BOA

Back to top Go down

Jake Reid/Scott Wilson Empty Re: Jake Reid/Scott Wilson

Post by comrade powell Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:54 pm

why do you think it would get that response from me? i think it's an excellent question and one that has crossed my mind continually since reid arrived....
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:54 pm

I can see your point but you know what would have happened had Reid come in and wasn't selected. This place would blow up with "what's the point in loan players if we don't use them?"...

Thought he played well at Dover but I haven't been overly impressed since. His effort when one-on-one on Saturday was pretty feeble, surprising because he'd been quite prolific at H&Y earlier this season, and has scored goals at this level.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:05 pm

Presumably the loaning side expect him to play. Having said this you see plenty of examples elsewhere where loaned players only make a couple of appearances before being benched.

But Wilson missed a couple of sitters and appears to offer nothing different to Pratt and Watkins. I've actually prefered the shape of the team with Reid up front. OK he's not fit and is carrying a bit of timber but that's why he's come to us.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Midsomer-steve Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:30 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:I can see your point but you know what would have happened had Reid come in and wasn't selected. This place would blow up with "what's the point in loan players if we don't use them?"...

Thought he played well at Dover but I haven't been overly impressed since. His effort when one-on-one on Saturday was pretty feeble, surprising because he'd been quite prolific at H&Y earlier this season, and has scored goals at this level.

This is exactly my summing up of Reid too. I was looking forward to his improvement after the Dover game but I have seen little to justify his selection since.
Midsomer-steve
Midsomer-steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcnulty Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:44 pm

I suppose the point of Reid is he offers something different. wouldn't look much beyond Watkins and Pratt when they are fit and getting decent service. Reid does offer plan b although maybe the new centre back provides an option there as well as I think Stillman previously suggested on another thread. If fit I personally prefer us to start with Pratt and watkin as I think they are quality and need games and goals to continue to gel as a partnership.

Mcnulty

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:52 pm

Well Bromley would like Reid back to bolster their fading challenge according to their forum, though they could do with getting their injured defenders back.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:35 pm

I can't see Reid helping much there.

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie Hitler Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:24 pm

the demon headmaster wrote:I can't see Reid helping much there.
.......but he has gone back.
Eddie Hitler
Eddie Hitler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down