Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bath City Bid event at Green Park: today at 10am

4 posters

Go down

Bath City Bid event at Green Park: today at 10am Empty Bath City Bid event at Green Park: today at 10am

Post by Maurice Ashman Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:22 am

An online lobbying group called '38 Degrees' has emailed me to say that they have
organised this event.

They say this is because their members have voted to get behind the campaign.

They compare it with the successful 'Bell Inn' community buy out.

They say that they will be giving out leaflets and then head into the City Centre to 'spread the word'.

Details given are:

10am Saturday 22nd August 2015
meet at '38 Degrees' stall
The Farmers Market, Green Park

I am not able to travel to St Albans, so am planning to go along.

See you there!?

Maurice Ashman

Back to top Go down

Bath City Bid event at Green Park: today at 10am Empty Re: Bath City Bid event at Green Park: today at 10am

Post by Mark Tanner Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:01 am

Bit short notice for me! Hope it goes well!
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Bath City Bid event at Green Park: today at 10am Empty Re: Bath City Bid event at Green Park: today at 10am

Post by Maurice Ashman Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:22 pm

Just got back - in time to listen to the St Albans game (0-0 so far).

Lots of local people shopping in the Farmers Market - just like a provincial one in France!

Many of them showed interest in the bid, so it was a worthwhile event.

I understand that the Bid Team are connected to the Bath Branch of the '38 Degrees' organisation.
So, if they invite its members/supporters again, it will be good for us to get along.

Maurice Ashman

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:27 pm

Well done Maurice. I intended to get along but time ran away with me. How many volunteers did they have there.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by OliverH Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:29 pm

Yes a decent turnout and nice to meet you in person Maurice.

As you say a few of us on the bid team & Society have connections with 38 Degrees, but it's also worth noting that it was their local membership as a whole that voted online to support us and help raise the bid's profile in these crucial weeks - great to see that level of support from other community-minded organisations.

Marc - around 5-6 volunteers plus me and Maurice
OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down