Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club Merchandise

5 posters

Go down

Club Merchandise Empty Club Merchandise

Post by Luton Roman Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:17 pm

With a week to go before the big kick off at home and a decent crowd anticipated from home and also away fans, and hopefully a lot of youngsters easily impressed by all kinds of merchandise with Bath City on it, what have we got? My scarf is aging can I get a new one? if so where? have we got car stickers, mugs, etc? Plenty of shirts, home and away, of varying sizes?

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Club Merchandise Empty Re: Club Merchandise

Post by comrade powell Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:14 pm

No idea, but the Bid stall will be there from which you can buy such goodies as badges and beach balls!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Roman Mike Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:18 pm

Luton Roman wrote:With a week to go before the big kick off at home and a decent crowd anticipated from home and also away fans, and hopefully a lot of youngsters easily impressed by all kinds of merchandise with Bath City on it, what have we got? My scarf is aging can I get a new one? if so where? have we got car stickers, mugs, etc? Plenty of shirts, home and away, of varying sizes?

Ha
I think we all know the answer to that. We had a cup SF with 1700 people and you wouldn't have known we had a shop. Remains closed after the game.
You can't buy anything on-line.
We simply don't do merchandising.
Roman Mike
Roman Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:57 pm

We used to have a shop inside the ground, was wear the HQ now is. Unfortunately it was broken into regularly, and annoyingly they only stole merchandise rather than the box fulls of programmes there.

Send the club an email with some suggestions - they won't bite. Perhaps they would welcome any extra help to improve the shop. Many hands make light work.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:58 pm

Luton Roman wrote:With a week to go before the big kick off at home and a decent crowd anticipated from home and also away fans, and hopefully a lot of youngsters easily impressed by all kinds of merchandise with Bath City on it, what have we got? My scarf is aging can I get a new one? if so where? have we got car stickers, mugs, etc? Plenty of shirts, home and away, of varying sizes?

I'd email the office, Gerry. I'm sure they'd get back to you swiftly and confirm.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:41 pm

Im sure tbey would Mark but hardly the message for new fans on Saturday? I realise investment in stock requires money and risk, and I guess as Roman Mike says if we couldnt gear up for a national semi then we wont now. Perhaps the media and comms savvy Bid initiative will be a sign of things to come in a Community Club.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:28 am

But no-one from the office at the club uses the forum I think? They could give an answer which could be copied over?

I don't know who is really in charge of that aspect to be honest. Maybe if someone offered to help they could have a stall or something out the front like we did in the Conference? That's relying on volunteers again though.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:30 am

And if the request was put out, perhaps those volunteers would step forward. The fact that someone as close to the club as yourself, Mark, has no idea who is responsible for merchandise highlights the problem.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:32 pm

Last season one of my flatmates came to the Shortwood home game and managed to purchase a home shirt quite easily from the office. I think Andy was mainly overseeing this, but on a matchday him and Paul already have about a billion things to do. I don't know what it's been like on other home games as I usually go straight to the press box to sort tannoy music etc.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:43 am

Ok, one day it might look like this............

http://www.wfcmegastore.co.uk/

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:06 pm

It would be interesting to know if that is the work of a paid employee of the club or volunteers. I'm assuming the latter as Stones seem to be graced with supporters who are very generous with their time. The fact is that our club wanted control over merchandise and very little is now dealt with by the SC. Bas has his limitations but he worked Very hard to ensure we had stock to sell up to a couple of years ago.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by turnstyle13 Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:23 pm

The stock is ordered by Andy.
The shop is manned - or rather womanned - on a matchday by a volunteer. But won't be this Saturday as she is on holiday.

turnstyle13

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:40 pm

So it seems the global buyers for community shares also want to know where they can get a scarf..........

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down