Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#bigbathcitybid Football any questions with Pat Nevin and guests

+2
comrade powell
Roman Mike
6 posters

Go down

#bigbathcitybid Football any questions with Pat Nevin and guests Empty #bigbathcitybid Football any questions with Pat Nevin and guests

Post by Roman Mike Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:03 pm

Need help to give this event on 6th August at the Bath Hilton a bit of a push, please

There is a FB event link here
https://www.facebook.com/events/1468118136821056/

Please help by clicking on "Invite" to errrrr..... invite your own friends and / or share so that it appears on your timeline. O and you can book your own tickets of course. If you have any business / employers contacts let us know. It is possible that we can invite them as a guest.

Alternatively, you can go directly to the Event Brite site
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/any-football-questions-with-pat-nevin-and-special-guests-big-bath-city-bid-tickets-17545330556

There are posters also.  Pls let me know if you need any of these
Roman Mike
Roman Mike

Back to top Go down

#bigbathcitybid Football any questions with Pat Nevin and guests Empty Re: #bigbathcitybid Football any questions with Pat Nevin and guests

Post by comrade powell Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:33 pm

And there will be tickets to buy in advance for those you may know who are not online. I will post more details about this shortly.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

#bigbathcitybid Football any questions with Pat Nevin and guests Empty Re: #bigbathcitybid Football any questions with Pat Nevin and guests

Post by comrade powell Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:07 pm

A few updates on Thursday evening...

The panel will be...

Pat Nevin - Chelsea, Everton, Scotland, Radio 5 Live
Stuart James - Bath City, The Guardian
Nick Thompson - Hull City MD, Big Bath City Bid
Adie Britton - Bath City

We have decided to reduce the admission to £5 for everyone. You can purchase online at

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/any-football-questions-with-pat-nevin-and-special-guests-big-bath-city-bid-tickets-17545330556

click on 'investor admission' (even if you have still to buy shares)

Those who have already bought tickets for £10 will be able to obtain a £5 rebate.

It will be possible to pay on the night.

There will be a bar available and we will be holding an auction of football memorabilia.

We hope as many City fans as possible will be present. The staging of the event is down to the hard work of Ken Loach, who has not only secured the attendance of Pat and Stuart but was also responsible for the recent share promotions by Ricky Tomlinson and Eric Cantona. Let's show Ken how much we appreciate everything he does for our club!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:04 am

How did this go? Got back too late from Croatia in the end
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tanner Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:25 am

You missed a great night, around 80 people there so just about filled all the seats.

Very insightful looking at top flight football all the way down to our level. There was a big emphasis on money but also culture and board room decisions. It was better than I expected and the next event looks equally as good (Escape to Victory film at Komedia Sunday 16th Aug).

We even had some more donations at the end too, and there are some great auction prizes for another event!
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:30 am

It was a good evening. There was a good blend on the panel and they did very well, answering questions on a wide range of topics - the England team, 3G pitches, the Premiership's influence on football at large and club ownership to name just a few. Pat Nevin had some great anecdotes from his playing days as did Nick Thompson from his time at Hull. Adie gave the local perspective and Stuart James did an excellent job in farming out the questions to the others as well as telling us of his journalistic investigations in Germany.

Thanks especially to Pat, Adie and Stuart for giving their time for the Bid, the Hilton for all their help and generosity and, of course, to Ken for getting the thing organised!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:00 am

Fantastic. I was worried when I saw the price decrease that numbers were looking low. Excellent work everyone involved.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Maurice Ashman Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:53 pm

Well worth going.
The audience brought up a wide range of questions/comments. It would have been worth videoing to disseminate on here.
Big thanks to Ken for organising the event.
Stuart was a much better chair than Dimbleby!
BTW - Perhaps I misheard, but thought the noon news on the Light Programme mentioned Pat's Mother?

Maurice Ashman

Back to top Go down

Post by Maurice Ashman Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:11 pm

I'm glad to say that I did mishear the headline - BBC News website has the correct story.

Maurice Ashman

Back to top Go down

#bigbathcitybid Football any questions with Pat Nevin and guests Empty Radio

Post by Sir Ged Roddy Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:15 pm

Maurice Ashman wrote:Well worth going.
The audience brought up a wide range of questions/comments. It would have been worth videoing to disseminate on here.
BTW - Perhaps I misheard, but thought the noon news on the Light Programme mentioned Pat's Mother?
I only listen to the Home Service and the 3rd programme.

Sir Ged Roddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Maurice Ashman Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:12 am

Sir Ged Roddy wrote:
Maurice Ashman wrote:Well worth going.
I only listen to the Home Service and the 3rd programme.
In that case, you will be missing Brian Matthews' 'Saturday Club' at 8 o'clock this morning!

Maurice Ashman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down