1st leg - the inquest

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: 1st leg - the inquest

Post by 2weirdtown on Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:04 pm

"Goal attempts were at a premium and neither side seriously threatened, Consequently, it was a bit of a surprise when The Villagers took the lead after 25 minutes. Jason St Juste showed wonderful determination to win the ball on left and cut-in. His low cross was turned in by home defender Dan Ball."

No mention of their let off when Pratt should have scored with the near post header.
2weirdtown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley on Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:05 pm

Has to start McCootie - full of confidence and they looked a bit frightened of his strength.

Whatever happens on Saturday this has been a wonderful Trophy run, let's just hope we have one more big game in us.
Ashley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown on Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:16 pm

While we're doing inquest, someone really must tell Adie to remove that awful woolly hat when doing TV interviews. He looks like something out of Worzel Gummidge. The tatty behind goal netting seen in the background doesn't help much either.
2weirdtown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman on Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:23 pm

No one has mentioned the possibility of pens yet - has anyone seen Jason ever get near one??

Luton Roman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE on Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:36 pm

no if it comes to pens we will just have to score every one and hope they miss one.
BenE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE on Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:41 pm

I very much doubt Ross will start. But I can see Adelsbury starting.

I can't see McCootie starting either unless Watkins doesn't fancy travelling from one end of the country to the other.

Dan Bowman is not as good a defender as Simmo so can't imagine he will start either.
BenE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE on Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:45 pm

Plus of course we have an important SCQF tomorrow as well.
BenE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman on Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:01 pm

McCootie must start, along with Addlesbury, we need to match up on physicality or we wont get the ball ! Watkins showed flashes but never really created much on Saturday, starved for most of the game because the ball never stuck up front or played wide. Bowman good attacker but Simmo more expoerienced defender.

Luton Roman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SASCHA on Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:05 pm

As tomorrows Somerset Cup game has been mentioned, gate price ?
If possible, as I am not quite a pensioner

SASCHA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell on Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:08 pm

turnstyle13 wrote:From looking at images of their ground its on a par with Chippenham/Mangotsfield/Paulton but not as good.
Behind the goals appears to be no terracing without any roof. On one side its a long low roof with seating in the middle bit. On the other side there is a tiny shed behind the 'dug-outs'.
Without wishing to dictate to anybody but talking 'tactics', I would suggest the flags get put up behind a goal and we set up camp in one end of their 'popular side'. That way we have a roof to make some noise under and increase the decibel rating.
If they get even 1500 I think the chances of moving from one end to the other is going to be limited.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/north-ferriby-united/index.html
comrade powell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bonzodog on Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:08 pm

A full under 21 team tomorrow. Has to be.

bonzodog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus on Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:08 pm

Luton Roman wrote:No one has mentioned the possibility of pens yet - has anyone seen Jason ever get near one??

I praying Bath win in normal time.... if it goes to penalties we'll be getting home Sunday morning and most probably my family will be visiting me in Hull A&E after a stress related heart attack

Steve Whites Missus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior on Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:19 pm

Steve Whites Missus wrote:I praying Bath win in normal time.... if it goes to penalties we'll be getting home Sunday morning and most probably my family will be visiting me in Hull A&E after a stress related heart attack

Tell me about it. Although we're due a win in a shoot-out having not won one since that slightly nippy evening at Brislington. Lost to Clevedon, Tiverton (twice) and Radstock since then. All equally heart-breaking.
stillmanjunior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE on Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:31 pm

Luton Roman wrote:McCootie must start, along with Addlesbury, we need to match up on physicality or we wont get the ball ! Watkins showed flashes but never really created much on Saturday, starved for most of the game because the ball never stuck up front or played wide. Bowman good attacker but Simmo more expoerienced defender.

stick to Benny
BenE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by City Awayday on Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:05 pm

Ashley wrote:
Whatever happens on Saturday this has been a wonderful Trophy run, let's just hope we have one more big game in us.

Two preferably!

City Awayday

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell on Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:52 pm

BenE wrote:
Luton Roman wrote:McCootie must start, along with Addlesbury, we need to match up on physicality or we wont get the ball ! Watkins showed flashes but never really created much on Saturday, starved for most of the game because the ball never stuck up front or played wide. Bowman good attacker but Simmo more expoerienced defender.

stick to Benny

But you're Benny!
comrade powell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE on Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:00 pm

No Ben E
BenE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley on Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:56 pm

SASCHA wrote:As tomorrows Somerset Cup game has been mentioned, gate price ?
If possible, as I am not quite a pensioner

£6
Ashley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac on Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:32 pm

I see that Hednesford refused to agree to postpone tonight so NFU have to play and have the first team squad listed......on their website. I can't believe they'll play their first choice 11?

pete mac

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit on Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:48 pm

North Ferriby United boss Billy Heath will make changes for tonight's league game against Hednesford, with one eye on their FA Trophy semi-final second leg.
Ferriby entertain Bath City on Saturday with a place at Wembley at stake and some of the team that drew 2-2 at Twerton Park at the weekend will be rested.
The Villagers are currently 12th in the Conference North, eleven points behind fourth-placed Hednesford, but the league clash could not be timed any worse, coming in the middle of their semi-final test.
Although he plans to ring the changes, Heath hopes the players selected make the most of their chance to impress ahead of Bath's arrival on Saturday.
"It's a game we could do without, but we have to deal with it and we will be making changes," he told the Mail.
"There were players who were disappointed at not being involved on Saturday and this is their chance. Whoever plays will have a chance to get in Saturday's starting XI."
Strikers Nathan Jarman and Ryan Kendall are both in line for a recall, alongside Nathan Peat, Matt Wilson and Gregg Anderson. If they all play against Hednesford, it will be a very strong side.
Curtis Bateson will return after being ineligible on Saturday, whilst Tim Taylor is also be added to the squad. Danny Emerton could perhaps figure following a long-term ankle injury.
Goalkeeper Adam Nicklin played the full 90 minutes at Bath despite picking up an ankle injury, but back-up stopper Tom Nicholson is in line to make his first Villagers appearance tonight.
Heath added: "Tom has trained very well since he joined, but hasn't been given a first-team chance yet.
"This could be his opportunity because we could do with him getting some playing time under his belt, just in case anything happens to Adam.
"Hednesford are in great form with five wins and a draw in their last six matches.
"But I don't think Saturday's second leg will be a distraction because everyone should be champing at the bit."
Ferriby (from): Adam Nicklin, Tom Nicholson, Sam Topliss, Louis Bruce, Josh Wilde, Nathan Peat, Mark Gray, Gregg Anderson, Danny Hone, Adam Bolder, Liam King, Jon D'Laryea, Russell Fry, Tom Denton, Ryan Kendall, Jason St Juste, Danny Clarke, Curtis Bateson, Matt Wilson, Tim Taylor, Danny Emerton.

kermit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac on Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:51 pm

21 in the squad!

pete mac

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:13 pm

Ferriby losing 1-0 at ht and player sent off for deliberate handball...

comrade powell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie Hitler on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:14 pm

Will that be a suspension for Saturday?
Eddie Hitler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Stevenus on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:23 pm

No :-(

Marcus Stevenus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Stevenus on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:30 pm

I see Torquay managed to get their home game postponed tonight. I've been working down there this week, weather not been that bad.

Wrexham playing gump.

Marcus Stevenus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum