More Changes Possible

Go down

More Changes Possible Empty More Changes Possible

Post by HerefordRoman on Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:42 pm

Adie says in the Chronicle that there may be more changes to come in other positions. Not sure now is the best time to be recruiting with many clubs keen to keep hold of players for end of season promotion/relegation battles.

I think apart from a big, strong central defender it is the midfield area which needs most addressing and perhaps a couple changes here might well have the desired effect on a team which is not in need of major surgery. I like the look of Kington and Grubb at Weston and we certainly need another winger as apart from Stearn we have no real option. Josh Low for me has not done it consistently enough and i think we need more pace on the wings which Grubb would provide.

It will be interesting to see what changes are made between now and the end of the season.

HerefordRoman

Back to top Go down

More Changes Possible Empty Re: More Changes Possible

Post by rabbit on Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:55 pm

Basketball i would make a case for a strong centrall defender a midfield general and a winger

rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell on Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:03 pm

HerefordRoman wrote: ....and we certainly need another winger as apart from Stearn we have no real option. Josh Low for me has not done it consistently enough....

I'm probably in a small minority on this, but i think Stearn is the most inconsistent player in the squad.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by rabbit on Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:09 pm

if we our going to challange for top 3 or 4 spot its got to be done

rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie Hitler on Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:13 pm

comrade powell wrote:
HerefordRoman wrote:  ....and we certainly need another winger as apart from Stearn we have no real option. Josh Low for me has not done it consistently enough....

I'm probably in a small minority on this, but i think Stearn is the most inconsistent player in the squad.
Totally agree.
Eddie Hitler
Eddie Hitler

Back to top Go down

Post by rabbit on Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:20 pm

no one wants to pay and see negitive football , thats not going to get supporters to the game , players need commitment and passion on the pitch and attack

rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by LouisM on Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:29 pm

On the topic of Stearn, I agree he is a great talent and can produce some brilliant moments. The other side is that I think he's one of the most selfish players I've seen for a while, often he has an easy ball across goal or something similar which he'll take on himself. Credit when it goes in, but the majority of the time it doesn't.

LouisM

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE on Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:04 pm

I think we should get rid of Stearn; and Bowman shows too much of a propensity to beat a man so he'd be next on my list.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by HerefordRoman on Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:18 pm

Agree that Stearn can perhaps be a little inconsistent but then again when he wins games on his own and scores the number of goals he does id say that outweighs it. Most wingers/creative players are inconsistent, Andy Williams and Frankie Bennett were good players, match winners who were inconsistent but entertained. Its the pedestrian and predictable Allen, Connolly and Low that must fear their places the most.

HerefordRoman

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior on Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:23 pm

HerefordRoman wrote: Adie says in the Chronicle that there may be more changes to come in other positions. Not sure now is the best time to be recruiting with many clubs keen to keep hold of players for end of season promotion/relegation battles.

I think apart from a big, strong central defender it is the midfield area which needs most addressing and perhaps a couple changes here might well have the desired effect on a team which is not in need of major surgery. I like the look of Kington and Grubb at Weston and we certainly need another winger as apart from Stearn we have no real option. Josh Low for me has not done it consistently enough and i think we need more pace on the wings which Grubb would provide.

It will be interesting to see what changes are made between now and the end of the season.

Is Grubb left footed? I'm sure he played on the left against us last week.

It's the sort of thing we're crying out for. To my knowledge the only left-footed players we have in the squad are Brown and Burnell. I can't even remember the last natural left winger we had at the club - McKeever? Surely not. I'm probably forgetting someone incredibly obvious.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:23 pm

BenE wrote:I think we should get rid of Stearn; and Bowman shows too much of a propensity to beat a man so he'd be next on my list.
I agree, releasing those two would be conducive to entertaining football...
Dave
Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by HerefordRoman on Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:32 pm

I think Grubb is actually right footed but is strong on his left and plays left wing for Weston. Kington and Diallo would provide something different and would be affordable options.

HerefordRoman

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Shaw on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:18 pm

I do think stearn is a very good player at his best but a few weeks ago in the chronicle it had that write up on how he injured his back and had never got back into his stride since that red card he got but I think thats understandable as he hasn't had enough game time since then to find any consistency. Now though he seems to be getting regular game time so I would imagine he will be back to best before the end of the season. I personally don't feel bowman is one of our stronger players as his strength isn't the best and also isn't too good in the air but I'd put that down to age and experience.

Last edited by Liam Shaw on Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

Liam Shaw

Back to top Go down

Post by threeday week on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:31 pm

How can we justify keeping someone like Burnell who if we are lucky we get 7/8 games a season out of, also agree Low a big dissappoit

threeday week

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie Hitler on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:39 pm

I've been critical of Low and Burnell in recent seasons, but I think both have been playing pretty well lately, and others have said the same (on the old forum).
Eddie Hitler
Eddie Hitler

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:39 pm

i assume people saw the sarcasm in benny's and palms' posts! i wasn't suggesting we get rid of stearn, just questioning his present value to the team. even his biggest supporters would surely agree that he hasn't contributed a great deal since starting games recently...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Midsomer-chris on Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:40 pm

comrade powell wrote:i assume people saw the sarcasm in benny's and palms' posts! i wasn't suggesting we get rid of stearn, just questioning his present value to the team. even his biggest supporters would surely agree that he hasn't contributed a great deal since starting games recently...

Phew . . . . . . I am glad you pointed out the irony in these posts. I was starting to think that everyone was losing their marbles ! There might be players that are good / solid / consistent etc but as far as I am concerned Stearn and Bowman are the only two players whose skills are actually exciting to watch.

As far as changes go (although things were looking up until Dover and the ensuing debacles) I still think a change of management wouldn't go amiss. Perhaps getting somebody with some man-management who has the sense not to dismiss one of our long standing players just before a match and thus unsettle the team.
Midsomer-chris
Midsomer-chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum