Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who were the 400+

+6
Marc Monitor
Dodgycarpet
comrade powell
Mark Tanner
stillmanjunior
Eddie Hitler
10 posters

Go down

Who were the 400+ Empty Who were the 400+

Post by Eddie Hitler Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:53 pm

So where did the 400+ City supporters come from on Saturday?
Given we can barely muster that many for a home, and I know of quite a few regulars who didn't go, who the hell are they and why don't they come more often?
Eddie Hitler
Eddie Hitler

Back to top Go down

Who were the 400+ Empty Re: Who were the 400+

Post by stillmanjunior Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:04 pm

Well, I guess it was 406 if you include Simon and myself.

I saw a fair few familiar faces in amongst the away end.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tanner Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:24 pm

Hopefully all of the floating fans will be buying their 'Raider' t-shirts printed in anticipation of meeting the man himself this Sat!

The poster made by the club is great for the xmas games, hopefully it'll get out there in a few shops and pubs. We need to try and get a few more down this Saturday off the back of the Wealdstone Raider.

"you got no fans - I'll give you some" :-P
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:45 pm

I think it shows the size of our supporter base when such a large number turn up for a game like Saturday's. You could say there were glory seekers who will only watch the big games, but so what. There hasn't been much to entice them down to TP for some time, but it's good that they obviously still follow our fortunes and support the club on occasions. Just like when we went to Grimsby in the cup, there seemed to be a real buzz before the game.

What annoys me is that all our best moments tend to happen away from home. I can't think of many memorable games at Twerton in the last 10 years - play off final v Woking, championship presentation v Rugby, a few of the games in the BSP perhaps - but there hasn't been a Grimsby, Rovers, Barnet, Dagenham or Stoke. I want to feel that buzz at Twerton!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodgycarpet Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:13 pm

Don't forget Cardiff....

Dodgycarpet

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:20 pm

I haven't, but it was some time earlier, as of course was Stoke.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:34 pm

As it goes, many of my regular band weren't able to make it on Saturday, we only took 4 plus one extra. It is a fact of life that people will come out of the wordwork for a match like that but don't forget that we probably have a hardcore of 500 and most of those probably would travel to such a game. It's only really Eastbourne Borough, the August games (for obvious reasons) and the Tuesday games (for some obvious reasons) that have dipped below that.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by RUDI GULITS Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:39 pm

Still remember Hereford at home
live on sky
thought i was gonna get my head kicked in twice that day by there fans
like it has been mentioned most of our great moments have been away
lets hope we get another at wealdstone in the next round
RUDI GULITS
RUDI GULITS

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:44 pm

The occasion was special, cup upset possibility AND it was good value for money compared with watching what has been mostly poor quality games at Twerton Park.  

From the West Stand looking around I spotted, as junior said, familiar faces in other parts of the ground so I would guess we had at least 450+ supporters there.

The game itself showed what the lads can do on their day:  slick passing football, excellent defending;  we made Rovers look very ordinary whilst we looked like one of the top Conf Prem side. Full marks to the very sporting Rovers supporters, applauding us off.
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodgycarpet Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:00 am

I guessed you hadn't really comrade, it was a reminder for the young uns that the away list is even longer! Incidentally it made up for experiencing a heavy defeat playing for bath city supporters club against Cardiff supporters many years ago at ninian park when Stewart Weston was running it (hats Jeff to Stewart by the way!)

Dodgycarpet

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:26 am

There were more City fans in other parts of the mem.....family and friends of players etc.....Beau nash......

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Peteboa Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:25 am

I thought 400 was a fair effort, but certainly not spectacular considering the fixture. I not sure whether anyone who watches 6 tier football can be called a glory hunter! By attending any game u are already in a tiny minority of people in the city who back their football team. I thought Britons blunt words last week were fair enough
Peteboa
Peteboa

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:43 pm

As you well know, I was referring to those who don't regularly watch us playing at this level.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Peteboa Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:59 pm

Yes I know the type of fan you were referring to. My evidently poorly made point was that I wouldn't describe anyone who chooses to stand on the terrace at any of our games as a 'glory seeker' - certainly not  when we sit mid table in the 6th tier of football.

Man City fans from South Wraxall.....oh ayeeeeee
Peteboa
Peteboa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum