Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City v Gloucester

+21
Marc Monitor
cannonball
LB
Dusty Lynfield
turnstyle13
pete mac
Jon_BOA
SteveS
Skyblue
BenE
yuffie
Peteboa
Beau Nash
tigerroar
comrade powell
Corstonian
stillmanjunior
2weirdtown
Midsomer-chris
the demon headmaster
Luton Roman
25 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

City v Gloucester - Page 4 Empty Re: City v Gloucester

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:47 pm

I'll probably write a bit more tonight or tomorrow, but I do wonder if it's time the old "watch from the stand" suggestion is implemented full-time.

I can't comment on games I didn't attend and in some cases being in the stand really won't give much advantage, but look at next week, you'll get an awesome view from one of the seated areas on the side at the Mem. Surely one of the four could be sat up there looking at the bigger picture and working out where we're going wrong? If we only had a manager and assistant then fair enough, but there's four of them there, one of them could be on the phone basically non-stop. Arch could argue he did it for Basingstoke and it didn't work but that was more a case of pathetic individual errors rather than completely poor management.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:57 pm

I have been trying to add something further to this discussion for half an hour but the whole thing just doesn't make sense.

The decision was made to go with a small squad of quality players rather than more mediocrity. In those circumstances you are taking a risk with injuries and suspensions of which we have had our fair share. But we have cut our cloth to suit finiancial circumstances.

You think OK then you have to use your youth set up for back up - but it hasn't happened. How many minutes have been played by non senior players this season?

Then you think - but actually one of your most prolific scorers can't get a kick either.

It just seems bizarre.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:58 pm

Bridgeyate wrote:all is not all rosey as you seem to think.

Not sure why you believe I think everything is rosey. Just because I try to support anyone doing their best to ensure the club has a future on and off the pitch doesn't mean I am naive enough to think that there are not serious issues to faced in the very near future.

Incidentally I am just as mystified as to why Stearn didn't start yesterday (Pratt I understand has a back problem, so resting him seemed understandable) as most people. Unfortunately family illness meant I had to miss the game so I guess it is easier to be somewhat calmer about the decision than those who made the trip. Though it did mean suffering some of the posts on BCIR's forum which makes most of what goes on here seem positively laid back and reasonable by comparison.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:05 pm

Martin's post is spot on re the feeling yesterday. The coach home wasn't as down as some defeats because I think people almost expect disappointment now.

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:09 pm

When Rello and Adie were here didn't Lee spend a lot of time wathing from upstairs back then...?

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:18 pm

As I have said before, I think that someone should be out of the dug out and looking at the match with a more overall perspective. As Director of Football, Britton seems the obvious choice. He could pass messages down to Howells or, rather than interfering with the game and Howells' management, debrief Howells at half and full-time. It seems the logical way to do it.

However, none of this is going to change odd decisions like yesterday's team selection and the continuing shunning of Stearn.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by bonzodog Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:35 pm

comrade powell wrote:Members of the board, you really do need to sort this issue out quickly before yet more fans decide they have better things to do with their time and money.

You may as well say it as Stjórnarmenn, virkilega þú þarft að raða þetta mál út vekja avant enn fleiri aðdáendur ákveða ze höfn betri hluti að gera við tíma og peninga hun
or
Te mau melo o te poari, tino e hiahia ana koe ki te kōmaka i roto i oho i tēnei take Five ano pā whakatau mea tauranga ze pai ki te mahi ki te wā, me te hun moni
or
Amalungu ebhodi, wena ngempela kudingeka ukuba uxazulule lolu daba out zashukumisela avant kodwa abalandeli more unquma izinto ze port kangcono iphathelene isikhathi nemali hun

or talk to the wall....

bonzodog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4