Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City v Shepton

+7
stillmanjunior
yuffie
Ashley
Eddie Hitler
pete mac
Dusty Lynfield
Luton Roman
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

City v Shepton - Page 2 Empty Re: City v Shepton

Post by Mark Tanner Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:32 pm

Here is what I made of the young players from last night:

http://wp.me/p4EoQz-d7

Hope it helps the people who couldn't get down last night, which was pretty much everyone!
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:36 pm

I think you could have been a bit more generous to the full backs. Both were comfortable on the ball and could deliver cracking crosses the like of which Dave Pratt would love.

But overall a fair assessment.

I thought Stimson showed Mccootie up somewhat. He saw more of the ball in 15 minutes than the latter did in 90.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tanner Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:57 pm

I agree with you about Stinson and McCootie, Nick was off the pace all game whilst Stinson took his chance to impress! He got his goal mind so hopefully he'll be more confident for the weekend. I'd happily see any one of those young players come off the bench this season, Higgins was the better of the two full backs, they were both left a bit flat footed at times though. Credit to Stone (10) and Gould (11) of Shepton, thought they looked very good on the counter with Gould being more of a head down Hogg type running with the ball!
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:45 pm

yes I agree they looked good. Stone in particular had a great attitude which sadly wasn't shared by their goalkeeper, who would have been sent off in any other game.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:36 pm

I think their keeper's attitude was summed up when he was shouting abuse the length of the pitch at a teammate after he failed to take advantage of a poor clearance then slip by Barrington in the first half.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2