Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff City, home, Sat 12 July, ko 2pm

+12
freeview
stillmanjunior
turnstyle13
Midsomer-chris
2weirdtown
Dave
Mark Tanner
pete mac
RUDI GULITS
comrade powell
Marc Monitor
Luton Roman
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cardiff City, home, Sat 12 July, ko 2pm - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff City, home, Sat 12 July, ko 2pm

Post by freeview Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:19 pm

Cardiff not a problem on there own,depends if the gas decide to party early.

freeview

Back to top Go down

Cardiff City, home, Sat 12 July, ko 2pm - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff City, home, Sat 12 July, ko 2pm

Post by MaryS Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:44 pm

freeview wrote:Cardiff not a problem on there own,depends if the gas decide to party early.

It's Bristol City who view Cardiff as their main rivals these days, but hopefully there won't be any problems, with a good attendance to get some money in the coffers.

MaryS

Back to top Go down

Post by Midsomer-steve Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:45 pm

It was the presence of the EDL last time. Hope the police do a better job this time - if necessary!
Midsomer-steve
Midsomer-steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:31 pm

Whatever my views on having 'Cardiff' there, I do slightly worry about possible trouble. My erstwhile compatriots can be a right bunch of bastards (even if it is the easily led kiddies rather than the full-on Soul Crew) and the afters by the EDL/Bristol City lot on a Cardiff lad after the last friendly may remain in the memory.

I hope I am wrong and it is a sedate though well-attended game with, of course, the Romans being the victors whoever they are playing against. Ironically, I will be heading to Cardiff at exactly 2pm to see the speedway. See you on Tuesday for the second part of the Welsh friendly series.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Hill Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:05 pm

pete mac wrote:It was fine when they came a couple of years ago. Should be a good atmosphere!
fine if you like a camera shoved in your face then a cock up at half time re the tea bar drink and brewery come to mind I have got some house work to do it should be more relaxing  affraid 

Steve Hill

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:28 pm

Like any game its not compulsory ! Lets hope for a good gate, City get a decent return, and continue their pre season build up with a good work out, the last of which I think is beyond dispute !

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:18 pm

A splendid afternoon. Crowd of 1032, sunshine, a decent game to watch. Ole wosname and Macheda posing for photos for everyone.
No sign of any trouble that I saw. Would'nt read anything much into the game itself other than City looked well organised in defence mostly and our keeper looked great.
Hemmings is bloody enormous so will give us another option up front. He just knocked their defender off the ball and squared for Zac Evans (who he) to score.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:48 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed the game. Every City player put in a really good performance. Mellor was terrific as was Artus. Ross Stearn put in a shift doing all the things Archie expects of him.

It was a completely different performance to the last time we played Cardiff when there was a massive difference in Class. This time once we had got over the initial nervousness we gave as good as we got.

Well done Adie and Archie in setting the team up.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:44 pm

How many of the opposition were first-teamers?
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:45 pm

I recognised Macheda and Fabio Da Silva who played first half. Whittingham too I think. I think most of those out in the first half were Ist team. To be honest they could have scored several but seemed bent on walking it into the net.
They made 10 subs at half time.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:46 pm

They came with two entire teams - one played first half and one second. The one in the first half included a lot of premiership players. Kenwynne Jones, Steven Caulker, Frazier Cambell and Gary Medell weren't there.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:23 pm

Of their starting XI I believe nine of them played in the Premier League last season. Guerra is a new signing and Moore was back-up keeper to Marshall. Subs had a lot of experience as well.

Encouraging performance from us. Artus looks like the business in midfield and Slocombe solid at the back. I'm guessing Kington picked up a knock in the Larkhall game, when he came off before half-time.

Jordan Ricketts was one of the stand-out players for the Academy last season. The three of those former Academy men (Gibbons, Mitchell and Ricketts) were the stand-out players last year, plus Nathan Legge who has moved to America. Not sure whether they'll be in first team contention straight away or if they'll be loaned out first, pretty sure all three had loan spells in the Southern or Western League last year.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:51 pm

and Mr Monitor will be satisfied that almost every Cardiff fan wore blue and chanted 'Come on you Blues' throughout the game.

Funnily enough the Red colour didn't seem to bring much luck last season.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:41 pm

Indeed. There has been an upsurge of blue wearing in the stadium and chanting but it is just too little too late or, more to the point, too little just after they had been dumped out of the Premiership. If they had walked when we did, they may still have the blue.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:00 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28530629

Celtic so impressed with the Cardiff scorer at Twerton they have signed him.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:38 pm

That club appears to be haemorrhaging players. Good.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2