Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many Bath City games at Twerton

4 posters

Go down

How many Bath City games at Twerton Empty How many Bath City games at Twerton

Post by Mothra Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:54 pm

In a small way to help us through these strange times our office have started a daily quiz to guess an obscure number to a particular question. Sadly I won todays so need to think of a question. Can anyone help me please? I would like to know how many times have Bath City have played at Twerton Park since they moved in, this can include when they would have played away against TeamBath. Any help would be great thanks

cheers!

Mothra

Back to top Go down

How many Bath City games at Twerton Empty Re: How many Bath City games at Twerton

Post by stillmanjunior Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:36 pm

If someone with Stars in Stripes could let me know the first I should be able to add it up. My copy is in TW19.

I think we played Team Bath six times as the away side.

I've gone from the start of 1932 and it's around 2290 competitive matches, but I don't know if all the various floodlit comps took place there.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

How many Bath City games at Twerton Empty Re: How many Bath City games at Twerton

Post by Mothra Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:47 pm

Thanks Mark, really appreciated 😀

Mothra

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:48 pm

Junior, our first match at TP was on 27 August 32 - so the matches earlier that year shouldn't be included.
I make it 2272 but that assumes all our home matches were in fact played at TP (I don't recall us playing a home fixture elsewhere but it may have happened) and that all 6 away fixtures v Team Bath were at TP. Did we play them at the Uni on at least one occasion?
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Newman Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:10 pm

We played our home replay with Bristol City at Ashton Gate.

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:20 pm

comrade powell wrote:Junior, our first match at TP was on 27 August 32 - so the matches earlier that year shouldn't be included.
I make it 2272 but that assumes all our home matches were in fact played at TP (I don't recall us playing a home fixture elsewhere but it may have happened) and that all 6 away fixtures v Team Bath were at TP. Did we play them at the Uni on at least one occasion?

Our reserves played them at the uni a couple of times but not the first team. They’d just moved to TP before the first competitive fixture on NYD 2005.

We also played Bristol Rovers at Twerton twice as the away side in the SPC.

In reverse to Bristol City, we played Fareham (1975) and WSM (1980) at Twerton having been drawn away in the FA Cup.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:58 pm

Keep going - we can get it down to under 2000!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down