Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video highlights from Eastbourne Borough

+4
kermit
tovid
stillmanjunior
Kevin Anderson
8 posters

Go down

Video highlights from Eastbourne Borough Empty Video highlights from Eastbourne Borough

Post by Kevin Anderson Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:47 pm

...are on this link:

https://youtu.be/ppZ21cE7y10  

Well done to you and all good wishes. City were an object lesson in never-say-die attacking and they were justly rewarded. We felt we should have had the game done and dusted, with several great chances to extend the lead in the second half before Tom got you back in it with the wonder goal, but heck that's what Eastbourne do... It's a kind of early Christmas goodwill gesture...

Good to see you yesterday. Very best wishes for the rest of the season.

Kevin

PS apologies - well, kind of apologies, that the commentary hardly ever mentions a City player by name.  It's blooming hard for a non-league reporter on a dark December day when you can't see the numbers on the shirts!

Last edited by Kevin Anderson on Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kevin Anderson

Back to top Go down

Video highlights from Eastbourne Borough Empty Re: Video highlights from Eastbourne Borough

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:48 pm

Good to see you again Kevin. Keep up the excellent coverage.

I couldn’t even tell who scored our winner so I don’t expect oppo reporters to identify our players much better!
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Video highlights from Eastbourne Borough Empty Re: Video highlights from Eastbourne Borough

Post by tovid Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:53 pm

Good match presentation. Well done.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:04 pm

Thanks Kevin.
It's odd, although not unsurprising, that fans of each team see things differently.
On your forum there is talk of how the victory should have been sealed way before we equalised, and your footage lends some support to that view, but my recollections are that apart from a gifted goal to you we were in control in the first half. Hit the post, a shocking off side decision.
Second half, we had lots of half chances, as indeed you did, before the Cat's wonder strike, and the late winner.
Anyway, always a good day out in Eastbourne. Shame we had to rush for the Loop Bus rather than meet up in the bar afterwards.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Anderson Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:48 pm

Our forum is not v representative - populated by a handful of (determinedly anonymous) posters who turn sniping into an Olympic sport. But yes we will all always be a bit one-eyed. I've watched the whole 90 minutes - yes, I know, extremely sad - there were 2-3 other Eastbourne good chances in the second half which didn't even make the cut.

But winners go barmy and losers whinge. Human nature. Fortunately our two clubs (unlike some I won't name) manage to do it with civility. Long may we do so.

Kevin Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:42 am

For the many of us who can't make these matches your video highlights and commentary (commendably prompt I might say) are really valued. Thanks and Happy Christmas to everyone at Eastbourne.

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:14 pm

Well done, Kevin. Good to see you again on Saturday. Despite the huge distance between our clubs it’s always nice to visit the Lane and I really hope your fortunes change in the new year. Perhaps we’ll meet up again at Wembley in the Trophy final! Good luck at Salisbury.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:42 pm

comrade powell wrote:Well done, Kevin. Good to see you again on Saturday. Despite the huge distance between our clubs it’s always nice to visit the Lane  and I really hope your fortunes change in the new year. Perhaps we’ll meet up again at Wembley in the Trophy final! Good luck at Salisbury.
Are you on the sherry already Mr Powell Laughing
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Voutt Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:25 am

kermit wrote:
comrade powell wrote:Well done, Kevin. Good to see you again on Saturday. Despite the huge distance between our clubs it’s always nice to visit the Lane  and I really hope your fortunes change in the new year. Perhaps we’ll meet up again at Wembley in the Trophy final! Good luck at Salisbury.
Are you on the sherry already Mr Powell Laughing

No. Just lemonade!!!

Colin Voutt

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:41 am

I hope there is plenty of humble pie on sale at Wembley for you two on our big day out.....
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:04 pm

comrade powell wrote:I hope there is plenty of humble pie on sale at Wembley for you two on our big day out.....
What a great band they were santa
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:30 pm

Yeh, saw them once and my ears are still ringing!
Merry Christmas to all.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down