Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matchday Draw

+2
comrade powell
SASCHA
6 posters

Go down

Matchday Draw Empty Matchday Draw

Post by SASCHA Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:28 pm

Due to the failure (yet again) of the P.A. speakers on the terraces this afternoon most of the supporters could not check their tickets. This antiquated tangle of wires needs sorting. No offence to Ken or Phil,

SASCHA

Back to top Go down

Matchday Draw Empty Re: Matchday Draw

Post by comrade powell Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:07 pm

Sorry to hear that. I’ll find out what the numbers were and post them on here asap.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:13 pm

Second prize was claimed. Don’t think first was. Speakers were ok our side but aware they weren’t the other.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Bridgeyate Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:23 pm

The numbers are on the Twitter feed.£50- 13559. £20 -13499

Bridgeyate

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:04 am

Thanks Bridgeyate for those numbers. If anyone has the winning ticket please email the SC at....

bathcitysc@gmail.com

(preferably with photographic evidence!)
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:31 pm

As a note to anyone standing on the Pop Side if this happens in the future, the numbers are always posted on the noticeboard about twenty yards to the left of the Tea Hut about ten minutes after they are called.

But this also raises the issue of the PA over there. I appreciate that it's difficult to judge from the commentary box, but at some points this season it's been ear-splittingly loud over there, and you can see some of the old fellas wincing - and if I'm noticing its volume with my punk rock deafened ears, it must be loud.

Quite often I've had to send a message via Facebook to Junior to inform him of the sonic weapon properties of the old sound system and ask if he can turn it down a notch. It was interesting that hardly anyone complained about the lack of sound yesterday - aside from the raffle results - because it was such a relief for it not to be so loud.

I guess we'll be getting a new system in the new stand once it's built, but I wonder what knock on effect it will have on the Pop Side? At the very least, without getting too technical, there should be a separate level control for both stands, as I'm often told that it's too quiet in the main stand.

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:56 pm

Yes it's nigh-on impossible to get it right across both. For example, when we turned it down the other week, someone came in and said they couldn't hear it on our side. Sigh. I ended up turning it up for the main stand yesterday so it could travel a bit further. Obviously my intention isn't (or hasn't been, sob) to deafen anyone, it's just about trying to create some sort of atmosphere and I'm sure I'd complain if I thought it was too loud over there as well. Nothing worse. Obviously needs to be sorted with the redevelopment. I have no idea how technical it all is, grateful that Phil and Ken have managed to fix it quickly each time.

Adam won't be using the same system as me for music, he might be doing a lot of it by phone so it could be trial and error at the start. Be patient as it took me a few weeks (or seasons!) to get into the swing of it.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:17 pm

I always try and put the winning numbers on the SC Twitter account once they’re announced so if anyone misses them try there too.

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down