Non-League Day - 12th October 2019 - Could we make it massive ?

Go down

Non-League Day - 12th October 2019 - Could we make it massive ? Empty Non-League Day - 12th October 2019 - Could we make it massive ?

Post by SteveBradley on Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:24 am

Non-League Day this year is on 12th October, and we've got a rare Home fixture for it. It's against Maidstone too, who usually bring good support.

Bath Rugby aren't playing that day (they're away at Gloucester the night before).

It'd be excellent if the 1,000BC team and the club could start working now on ways to maximise the crowd we get for it this year.  How can we get Bristol City fans to come to us for it ? Could we even attract some from as far as Cardiff and Reading ? Could we tap into Bath Rugby's support base ? How could we encourage as may as possible to travel from Maidstone ? Chippenham are away at Concord that day - could we persuade a few of their fans who don't travel to come along and spend NLD with us instead ?

What could be done to build interest in the day in-advance ? Could we use social media to get various high profile people to spread the word by saying they're coming and why (e.g. Ken Loach, local MP, Tony Incenzo).    

Could we get real interest going on the two Uni campuses for it ? Is there anything we could do at half-time to really boost the appeal of the day ?

I'd suggest we try to get Talk Radio's Tony Incenzo to commit to us asap btw. He's a QPR fan, so will have no game that day. He absolutely loves non-league football and loves going to watch games, so will definitely be going somewhere for it. And he's got 64,000 followers on Twitter, so could help spread the word for us if he chose to spend the day watching City. So how about the club formally invites him to be an official guest at the game for the day ? Maybe ask him to present the MOTM or something as well ? Basically get him to commit to us early before he even starts to think about where else to go for it this year Very Happy

I appreciate all of this takes volunteer effort, though unfortunately I'm not in Bath to be able to help (apologies for being someone who therefore posts an idea and expects others to do the work om delivering it ! Embarassed ). I could do the odd thing from a distance if that was useful (e.g. tapping up Tony, who's a fellow Paddy). But it would be great if we could take advantage of NLD being a rare home fixture for us (especially if we'll be playing away from Bath in future during the stadium work) and put a real effort into it. Even being bullish and aim at attracting a crowd as high as 2,000 ?

Just a thought.

SteveBradley

Back to top Go down

Non-League Day - 12th October 2019 - Could we make it massive ? Empty Re: Non-League Day - 12th October 2019 - Could we make it massive ?

Post by comrade powell on Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:10 am

Thanks Steve, some good ideas there. I’ll pass them on to the 2000BC team.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Non-League Day - 12th October 2019 - Could we make it massive ? Empty Re: Non-League Day - 12th October 2019 - Could we make it massive ?

Post by Marc Monitor on Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:29 am

All good ideas, Steve and I am sure that the 2000BC team will look at everyone. One thing that was started last season was door-to-door flyering - which I am sure will be used for this game - and I ask every supporter to have a think about whether they could do this. it really seems to be making an impact on the attendances and, I expect, the profile of the club as a whole. I deliver about 250 flyers each time to about 4 or 5 streets and it takes me about an hour. We get 20-25 people doing the same and we will have a lot of Bath covered (2000BC ensure that there is no doubling up). There will be a request going out again in a newsletter in the new season so keep a look out for that and I will try and post information on here as well.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveBradley on Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:00 am

I didn't realise 1,000BC had upgraded themselves to 2,000BC after the attendance target was beaten last season.

A very impressive level of ambition by all involved, and great to see.

SteveBradley

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor on Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:53 pm

Hello all, as promised, here is the the link to a survey where you can show interest in flyering to promote upcoming matches.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/HRJG2TH

Part of 1000BC'S (now 2000BC) success in boosting attendances has been in inititiatives like this and any help - whether you just flyer one street or many - will help the club that we all love.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down