Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thank you, Junior!

+3
stillmanjunior
Marc Monitor
comrade powell
7 posters

Go down

Thank you, Junior! Empty Thank you, Junior!

Post by comrade powell Sun May 26, 2019 12:09 pm

I'm sure I speak for all supporters in saying well done and thanks to Mark for being the club's tannoy announcer for the past 16 years (is it really that long?!)

As is mentioned in the link below, Mark is relocating in September and so we're on the look out for a new announcer. His commitment to the task has been fantastic, sacrificing endless hours each season to provide us with the matchday service that I'm sure I'm not the only one takes for granted. Despite his preparation for each match he was always happy to include last minute requests and quickly forgave me for dropping the roving mic! And a special mention for his regular request for supporters to applaud the visiting fans, something which is much appreciated around the league and I hope is continued.

http://www.bathcityfc.com/new-twerton-park-pa-announcer-required/
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Thank you, Junior! Empty Re: Thank you, Junior!

Post by Marc Monitor Sun May 26, 2019 2:31 pm

Yes, thanks, Mark. I considered going for this for about a millisecond until I realised what hard work Mark does on a match day when most of us are relaxing. I also hope that the applause for visiting supporters stays as well. It says a lot about the club.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Tue May 28, 2019 2:37 pm

Thanks.

I think I've found a replacement so should all work out fine. I'll still be about irritating people until September and will be back for holidays.

It can be quite stressful, particularly when you're writing match reports/updating Twitter/emailing Press Association alongside announcing, but I wouldn't swap it for the world. It's brilliant and I'd be there for life if circumstances were different. The role has changed a lot from my early days of constantly swapping CDs about and lugging up stacks of equipment, whilst I sounded like we were 5-0 down before the match had even began.

Then you get the occasional difficult name to pronounce, although fortunately I didn't have the Lithuania u17 side which my dad had to contend with...

I've also been lucky that I've only missed a couple of home matches since I started, that includes friendlies. Will be very strange missing more this coming season.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Wed May 29, 2019 1:54 pm

Crikey, I thought you and Paul Williams were both part of the fixtures and fittings at Twerton Park. It comes as a surprise to me you've actually got a life away from the club. No doubt it will take four people to fill your shoes.

All the best for the future
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed May 29, 2019 2:08 pm

tovid wrote:It comes as a surprise to me you've actually got a life away from the club.

That's up for debate! Shocked It is a massive pull to leave but without delving too much into it, if I don't do this I've basically wasted three years at uni to probably go back to office work, which I loathe. Unfortunately there aren't many opportunities around here so I've had to bite the bullet. I expect I'll be at most away games.

I shouldn't be bracketed alongside Paul, the club would be in a horrible mess without him. I'm replaceable.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:17 pm

And before it's forgotten, great post-match interviews too. Good luck and don't be a stranger.

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodgycarpet Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:55 am

yes thanks & good luck! from one of the (relatively) silent majority who just listen to the tannoy and read the articles and listen to the radio thankful someone does it and does it so well. cheers.

Dodgycarpet

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Voutt Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:35 am

Thank you.

Who will be our Stato now!

Colin Voutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down