5G on floodlight pylon?

Go down

5G on floodlight pylon? Empty 5G on floodlight pylon?

Post by Dodgycarpet on Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:55 am

Not referring to artificial turf, but read that those responsible for the interweb infrastructure are looking at putting 5G on our pylon - where 4G already sits.
My impression is that 5G is not proven as safe, in fact many experts fear it's incrediblly dangerous. It's clearly a revenue stream but I feel we should consult and research before any decision, especially being a community club.
Important point I wanted to raise while I had a mo, back now to preparing for a short trip across the county border, cmon City!

Dodgycarpet

Posts : 219
Join date : 2014-03-01

Back to top Go down

5G on floodlight pylon? Empty Re: 5G on floodlight pylon?

Post by SteveBradley on Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:26 pm

Dodgycarpet wrote:Not referring to artificial turf, but read that those responsible  for the interweb infrastructure are looking at putting 5G on our pylon - where 4G already sits.
My impression is that 5G is not proven as safe, in fact many experts fear it's incrediblly dangerous. It's clearly a revenue stream but I feel we should consult and research before any decision, especially being a community club.
Important point I wanted to raise while I had a mo, back now to preparing for a short trip across the county border, cmon City!

Worth bearing in mind that people have been making all sorts of claims about any kind of mobile phone infrastructure for years. Doesn't matter wether it's 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G or whatever.

The evidnece hasn't backed them up at any point.

Given that 5G will quickly become the new norm, it means that the masts for it are going to have to be pretty much everywhere, globally. So if there is a genuine problem with it you'd expect they would have worked that out by now. Otherwise the entire global population is in touble, bar a few Amazonian tribes.

I'd personally like to see some of the claims as to why it's dangerous before giving a minute of credence to any such scare stories. People who don't want the stadium development to happen for whatever reason will just latch onto it otherwise.

SteveBradley

Posts : 232
Join date : 2014-02-21

Back to top Go down

5G on floodlight pylon? Empty Re: 5G on floodlight pylon?

Post by tovid on Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:56 pm

SteveBradley wrote:
Given that 5G will quickly become the new norm, it means that the masts for it are going to have to be pretty much everywhere, globally. So if there is a genuine problem with it you'd expect they would have worked that out by now. Otherwise the entire global population is in touble, bar a few Amazonian tribes.
They may well have done but I for one wouldn't trust the multi national corporations to do anything about it. The examples of asbestos and tobacco should be enough to convince us of that.

The population may already be suffering from the effects of radio frequency radiation with 4G but no one is going to admit to it and very little effort will be put into establishing any risk.
tovid
tovid

Posts : 357
Join date : 2018-06-27

Back to top Go down

5G on floodlight pylon? Empty Re: 5G on floodlight pylon?

Post by SteveBradley on Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:29 pm

tovid wrote:
SteveBradley wrote:
Given that 5G will quickly become the new norm, it means that the masts for it are going to have to be pretty much everywhere, globally. So if there is a genuine problem with it you'd expect they would have worked that out by now. Otherwise the entire global population is in touble, bar a few Amazonian tribes.
They may well have done but I for one wouldn't trust the multi national corporations to do anything about it. The examples of asbestos and tobacco should be enough to convince us of that.

The population may already be suffering from the effects of radio frequency radiation with 4G but no one is going to admit to it and very little effort will be put into establishing any risk.

What sort of effects ?

I'm by no means an expert on this, but I'm pretty sure the impact of radiation is dependent upon a combination of the power at which it's emitted, and the distance away any 'victim' is from it. I would therefore be surprised if you could register any radiation at all from a source at the top of our very large floodlights even if you were standing at the bottom of the pylons with a Geiger counter.

Also - don't forget that every modern household has its own radiation emitting device these days anyway. In the guise of a microwave.

I'm personally not a fan of unevidenced scare stories, and fear it will only fuel those who oppose the stadium development for other reasons.

SteveBradley

Posts : 232
Join date : 2014-02-21

Back to top Go down

5G on floodlight pylon? Empty Re: 5G on floodlight pylon?

Post by Dodgycarpet on Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:27 am

Just a footnote - my point is that this concern is out there, so as a community club we must consult and liase with people, before a decision to allow it.
Also it should have no bearing on the new stadium as the transmitters are here and now.

Dodgycarpet

Posts : 219
Join date : 2014-03-01

Back to top Go down

5G on floodlight pylon? Empty Re: 5G on floodlight pylon?

Post by SteveBradley on Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:39 am

Dodgycarpet wrote:Just a footnote - my point is that this concern is out there, so as a community club we must consult and liase with people, before a decision to allow it.
Also it should have no bearing on the new stadium as the transmitters are here and now.

Agreed.

But any such consultation and liaison should surely be with experts and informed individuals ? i.e. Not with people who read in the Daily Mail that 5G will fry their children, and now believe it as gospel. Or those who neither know nor care about the issue, but are opposed to the stadium plan anyway (e.g because 'students'), and so will just cling on to an issue like this as a stick to beat us with.

Let those who want to put the antenna on our pylons prove to us that it's safe. We'll then have done our due diligence on it all.

SteveBradley

Posts : 232
Join date : 2014-02-21

Back to top Go down

5G on floodlight pylon? Empty Re: 5G on floodlight pylon?

Post by OliverH on Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:01 pm

https://www.rte.ie/brainstorm/2019/0313/1036125-should-we-be-worried-about-radiation-from-5g-networks/

Here's a detailed and balanced account from a respectable state broadcaster.
OliverH
OliverH

Posts : 437
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 39
Location : Bath

Back to top Go down

5G on floodlight pylon? Empty Re: 5G on floodlight pylon?

Post by Dodgycarpet on Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:25 pm

Exactly but we have to consult and inform the local population....

Dodgycarpet

Posts : 219
Join date : 2014-03-01

Back to top Go down

5G on floodlight pylon? Empty Re: 5G on floodlight pylon?

Post by SteveBradley on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:03 pm

Dodgycarpet wrote:Exactly but we have to consult and inform the local population....

Why ? Whether or not 5G carries any health impacts is a complex and inconclusive question. I genuinely don't believe ordinary people are in a position to meaningfully take a non-emotional view on it.

There is also the added problem that the mere act of asking people 'do you want 5G masts in your area' will both suggest that there is an issue with them (when there's no evidence that there is) and probably result in a 'no'. Because everyone will bitch like crazy if they can't get a good phone signal near where they live, but would rather the infrastructure for it was put elsewhere - just in case there ever was anything proved wrong with it.

Are there phone masts currently on the floodlights, and was there a consultation when they were installed ?

SteveBradley

Posts : 232
Join date : 2014-02-21

Back to top Go down

5G on floodlight pylon? Empty Re: 5G on floodlight pylon?

Post by SASCHA on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:29 pm

Sorry boys and no disrespect intended , but this is so bloody boring

SASCHA

Posts : 126
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

5G on floodlight pylon? Empty Re: 5G on floodlight pylon?

Post by tovid on Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:03 pm

Any studies tend to focus on physical problems like cancer and infertility because those are measurable but it occurs to me that there are potential mental issues which may be affected or caused by the ever increasing volume of invisible electro-magnetic waves in our environment. Studies have considered electro-sensitivity but what about tinnitis or even disturbed sleep patterns.
No one knows but we carry on with the assumption that radio frequency radiation has no effect on the human or indeed any other brain.
Having said this 5G has very limited range. There will therefore need to be boosters everywhere so you will never be far from a transmitter no matter where you live. And the best defense is to stay indoors and keep your phone and wifi router in another room.
tovid
tovid

Posts : 357
Join date : 2018-06-27

Back to top Go down

5G on floodlight pylon? Empty Re: 5G on floodlight pylon?

Post by Dodgycarpet on Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:41 pm

We are a community club. As a twerton resident and supporter I feel affronted that 5G transmitter is to be installed on our pylon. (If this is fake news ignore this post, I hope it is!) The dangers have not been proved but there is enough out there to suggest more research is needed to demonstrate its safe. It feels like something that is being rushed through without due process. However unlike other things where this happens we are a part of it.
Is there a club statement i may have missed?

Dodgycarpet

Posts : 219
Join date : 2014-03-01

Back to top Go down

5G on floodlight pylon? Empty Re: 5G on floodlight pylon?

Post by OliverH on Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:15 pm

The idea that 5G is harmful is barely on anyone's radar so I wouldn't necessarily expect that the club board to be aware of it to the extent that a statement would be issued.

The Society AGM was on Tuesday.... would have been a great opportunity to debate this democratically...

Is there any evidence of a groundswell of anti-5G sentiment among the people of Twerton? If so the club should maybe take another look - but it would be weird for the club board to have to be reviewing the scientific evidence etc and making a decision against the generally accepted wisdom.

OliverH
OliverH

Posts : 437
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 39
Location : Bath

Back to top Go down

5G on floodlight pylon? Empty Re: 5G on floodlight pylon?

Post by comrade powell on Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:40 pm

No there hasn't been a club statement because it hasn't been discussed to my knowledge. If you want that to happen can I politely suggest that you contact the club with your concerns.

Thanks
comrade powell
comrade powell

Posts : 4981
Join date : 2014-01-27

Back to top Go down

5G on floodlight pylon? Empty Re: 5G on floodlight pylon?

Post by Dodgycarpet on Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:05 am

Sorry I was away when the meeting took place.
But my point has been missed.
We are a community club.
There is much international concern around 5G.
Being part of the system that is installing 5G deserves a statement as there is also local concern
If were not installing it it deserves a clarifying statement; as it does if we are to say we are aware of concerns but are going with advice issued by xyz etc.
It's simple surely. It's not what I think, it's the fact that some of the community are concerned and if we actually are allowing it to be installed we owe everyone a statement, even if it's to say we signed an agreement that doesn't give us any say and people should take it up with phone company ABC.

Dodgycarpet

Posts : 219
Join date : 2014-03-01

Back to top Go down

5G on floodlight pylon? Empty Re: 5G on floodlight pylon?

Post by OliverH on Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:04 pm

I do get your point, I just hadn't got the impression that there is indeed significant local concern over this - your posts are the only time I've seen it raised. A quick google shows it was covered in the Chronicle in early May, with an explanation from EE and a reference to BCFC:

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/should-bath-residents-concerned-5g-2835532

If local residents are concerned, then yes the club should address it. I was more worried that, by making a statement out of the blue, the club would create concern where it wasn't there before, and possibly stoke unnecessary fears.
OliverH
OliverH

Posts : 437
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 39
Location : Bath

Back to top Go down

5G on floodlight pylon? Empty Re: 5G on floodlight pylon?

Post by Steve Whites Missus on Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:23 pm

BBC News Link

In general if you are worried maybe give Charlies and Northern Soul nights a miss...

“Eating pickled vegetables and using talcum powder are classed as having the same level of risk.
Alcoholic drinks and processed meat are classed as higher risk.”

Steve Whites Missus

Posts : 765
Join date : 2015-02-05
Age : 52
Location : Bath

Back to top Go down

5G on floodlight pylon? Empty Re: 5G on floodlight pylon?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum