Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matt Richards

4 posters

Go down

Matt Richards Empty Matt Richards

Post by tovid Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:00 pm

Sorry but not surprised to see Matt leave. 

To be sure he has looked off the pace this season but he never looked on it so no surprise there. A very nice bloke though.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Matt Richards Empty Re: Matt Richards

Post by Freeview Joe Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:42 pm

Sorry to see the fella go.

As one of the first new players to sign on under Jerry, his inclusion helped shape the team and the style of play we all now enjoy.

Cheers Matt. Adios and all the best.
Freeview Joe
Freeview Joe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:52 pm

tovid wrote:
To be sure he has looked off the pace this season but he never looked on it so no surprise there.

Yikes. He's played 132 minutes of proper football this season, his longest stint being 45 minutes, pretty harsh to judge on that. Looked fine when he came on at Slough, settled in swiftly in the way Joner always used to after a long spell on the bench.
Anyhow, he's been an asset on and off the pitch, a wise owl amongst young heads, a model professional and good role model to the youngsters in our side, wish him well.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:28 pm

Yes he hasn't had much of a look in but I thought when he did come on he noticeably slowed the game down. I don't think there has been a game where I thought - we need to bring Matt on. 
That doesn't mean there wouldn't be a time when he was just what was needed but it hasn't happened this season, although I agree he did a job at Slough.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:30 pm

And must have clocked up a very high mileage driving to games from his Essex home. Good luck, Matt!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down