Ex Romans' Thread

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

Go down

Re: Ex Romans' Thread

Post by LB on Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:04 pm

kermit wrote:
PHILB1973# wrote:I've just read that Morgan has been fined 2 weeks wages and released by Hendon after a bust up with a player who brought a machete to the club to try and frighten some players. Both players got fined and released.
It's in The Sun....so it must be true!
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7576678/tottenham-laste-dombaxe-hendon-machete-training/

Love that the other player had axe in his name!

LB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusty Lynfield on Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:32 pm

Nick “Pops” McCootie got a brace for Chippenham today, whilst other his former teammate Tyler Harvey also got two for Truro.
Dusty Lynfield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LB on Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:31 pm

I am not sure if he counts as an ex-player yet, but I see that John Mills played for Banbury (and was substituted) in their F A Trophy tie against Swindon Supermarine - presumably we are expecting to be out by the time he comes back! Stuart Fleetwood was in the Supermarine side.

I also see that one of the Torquay scorers at Weston on Tuesday was Saikou Janneh, who as a 16 year old youth team player scored in a 7-1 SPC win against Wellington in his only first team appearance a couple of seasons ago.

Oh, and Nat Jarvis scored again for Chippenham...

LB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman on Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:07 am

Jamie Lucas nets 2 in last 10m to grab point for WSM at Dulwich.

Luton Roman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid on Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:58 pm

LB wrote:I am not sure if he counts as an ex-player yet, but I see that John Mills played for Banbury (and was substituted) in their F A Trophy tie against Swindon Supermarine - presumably we are expecting to be out by the time he comes back! Stuart Fleetwood was in the Supermarine side.

I also see that one of the Torquay scorers at Weston on Tuesday was Saikou Janneh, who as a 16 year old youth team player scored in a 7-1 SPC win against Wellington in his only first team appearance a couple of seasons ago.

Matt Coupe also came on for Supermarine.

Mills has not scored for Banbury yet.

Janneh was impressive in that game and I was hoping we would keep close ties with him but it looks like he may have slipped from our grasp.
tovid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LB on Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:10 pm

tovid wrote:
LB wrote:I am not sure if he counts as an ex-player yet, but I see that John Mills played for Banbury (and was substituted) in their F A Trophy tie against Swindon Supermarine - presumably we are expecting to be out by the time he comes back! Stuart Fleetwood was in the Supermarine side.

Matt Coupe also came on for Supermarine.

Mills has not scored for Banbury yet.

Janneh was impressive in that game and I was hoping we would keep close ties with him but it looks like he may have slipped from our grasp.

I see Janneh scored both of Torquay’s goals against Billericay on Saturday. I seem to recall that at the time Gary Owers said something like he didn’t know what to do with him - I don’t think I was the only person who thought it might be worth putting him on the bench and giving him 10 minutes as an ’impact sub’.

LB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw on Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:15 pm

I saw Janneh play for Cadbury Heath as a 16-year-old and thought he was one of the best non-league prospects I'd ever seen. The management there seemed to be of a similar mind to Owers though, but were keen not to over use him. He was later training with the Bristol City Academy, but I'd been wondering what had happened to him since.

Roy D Hacksaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior on Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:20 pm

I guess if Bristol City come calling, you’re going to listen.

He only scored one on Saturday, the other has been credited to Niate.

PS Happy Birthday Roy Smile
stillmanjunior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE on Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:11 pm

Plus happy birthday to Mark
BenE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus on Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:15 pm