Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Former player Roger Hoy

4 posters

Go down

Former player Roger Hoy Empty Former player Roger Hoy

Post by Freeview Joe Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:55 am

Roger Hoy, who played for City during the 1973/74 season, passed away last Friday 9th November .

Roger, who started his football career under Bill Nicholson at Spurs, also played for Crystal Palace, Luton Town, Cardiff City and Dagenham.

He later emigrated to Australia, where he played for Palm Springs.
Freeview Joe
Freeview Joe

Back to top Go down

Former player Roger Hoy Empty Re: Former player Roger Hoy

Post by SteveS Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:37 pm

I see he was suffering from lewy body dementia, the same as Stuart Taylor former Bath City manager and Bristol Rovers player. This type of dementia is the one they think is linked to heading the ball.

SteveS

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:56 pm

He played during my time at college, the only period when I haven't watched City so I can't remember him.

I see from the Good Book that he made 17 appearances and scored a solitary goal in a 6-1 win against Walsall Reserves. This was a Border Counties Floodlight League Cup replay at TP on 3.2.74. The original tie was played at Fellows Park on 31.10.73 - some 95 days earlier! The long wait was not due to police insistence but probably the fact that we were involved in 8 separate competitions that season.

RIP Roger
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:41 pm

I think it was the Crystal Palace connection with Bert Head that brought him to City for that one season.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down