Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bristol City friendly on Saturday 14 July

+5
Beau Nash
stillmanjunior
Micawber
tovid
Sir Ged Roddy
9 posters

Go down

Bristol City friendly on Saturday 14 July Empty Bristol City friendly on Saturday 14 July

Post by Sir Ged Roddy Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:50 pm

Will it be worth it (or possible) to put the Saturday friendly v Bristol City forward to 1pm, as last week, so that people can watch the England game at 3pm? I know that it's not the World Cup final, but it will still be a popular game.

Sir Ged Roddy

Back to top Go down

Bristol City friendly on Saturday 14 July Empty Re: Bristol City friendly on Saturday 14 July

Post by tovid Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:56 pm

Will it?
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Bristol City friendly on Saturday 14 July Empty Re: Bristol City friendly on Saturday 14 July

Post by Micawber Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:31 pm

A bit too late to change start time now I would have thought. Not everyone has access to on line information. There was one elderly chap who had come from Corsham on Saturday, arrived just before the game ended, unaware that kickoff time had changed.

Micawber

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:49 pm

Would arguably be better to play it later. Bristol City are playing Shrewsbury at 1, gives people the option to watch two friendlies in one day. Which would be mental.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:49 pm

As with all these friendlies, especially the early ones, they are simply training sessions with players going off and on so often that only the coaching staff know who is who...not a scenario of the slightest interest to most of us as evidenced by the low attendances.

MUCH too late to change start time now. Rolling Eyes
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:07 pm

I go back to my posts from earlier seasons. It was perfectly possible to make judgements on Stuart Fleetwood and Darren Jones during pre-season.

I was also underwhelmed by all the strikers last season and it was no surprise when we ended the season with an 18 year old loanee.

You just need to know what you are looking for.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by turnstyle13 Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:58 pm

Perhaps given JG interest in loan players he’s looking as much as what players are in the opposition that might be available than the ones turning out for our own team.

turnstyle13

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:34 pm

I popped in at half time today but wasn’t able to stay. Another hot day at Twerton.

Sounds like Brunt and Rigg starred.

Watto got a run and Mills working his way back to full throttle.

Morton to come back to us from Bristol City. Sounds like he played well today

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:37 pm

Sorry should have been a question mark after theMorton comment

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by turnstyle13 Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:13 pm

And we missed our second pen of the (pre) season

turnstyle13

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:15 pm

Old habits die hard!

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:16 pm

I thought that the first half team - who are probably closest to our starters for the first game presently - looked good. Brunt is obviously massive but with a good touch, Rigg took both goals like a six yard box poacher, Stearn was his feisty chopsy self wanting every ball (which is a good thing), Cundy slotted well with the back four, I thought. Didn't really notice Watto much but that may not be his fault. Out of the younger lot, I thought that Raynes and Ollis stood out. I know that the former is a local lad coming through from Odd Down and Frome Town and Ollis is from the Academy, I think. Any others amongst the trialists?
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:55 pm

Rigg looked like he will come good this season. I thought last season he was well off the pace but if he carries on like this he will be first choice centre mid. Our forward options look good and I think it will be difficult for any youngsters coming through to get a game. 
When Staker is back I expect to go to a back three of Cundy Batten and Ball but we still need a right wing back. Tariq did not look comfortable there yesterday.
But Clarkey looked assured in goal.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:56 pm

180 there by the way. I presume mostly Bristol City youngsters' families.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:03 pm

Good crowd given England game.

Jerry full of praise for Brunt and Rigg. To win stuff you need 2/3 standout players who are better than the level we’re at. Encouraging

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down