Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welling v City match postponed

+6
LB
Ashley
the demon headmaster
Micawber
Beau Nash
Luton Roman
10 posters

Go down

Welling v City match postponed  Empty Welling v City match postponed

Post by Luton Roman Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:08 pm

Well that was very late.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Welling v City match postponed  Empty Re: Welling v City match postponed

Post by Beau Nash Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:15 pm

From the Weston Super Mare school of management, no suggestion in social media of doubts about the game. Evil or Very Mad

Weather forecast is for rain ALL weekend...It will be interesting to see how City manage the updates on Monday?  I'll bet there will be regular updates from early morning.  cyclops
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Micawber Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:17 pm

Even if the match had started I don't expect it would have finished. Games at Braintree, Dulwich and Maidenhead were all abandoned. The rain in that area just seemed to get heavier after 3pm.

Micawber

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:55 pm

It was the right decision not to play, although the journey time there, getting soaked for 20 minutes waiting for the refund and then finding myself at a standstill for half an hour on the approach to the Blackwall Tunnel, won't make me look back favourably on the experience.

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:55 am

Yes the refund process was a shambles. Only positive of the day was having time to visit the excellent and unusual Door Hinge Ale House - highly recommended.

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:04 pm

Ashley wrote: Only positive of the day was having time to visit the excellent and unusual Door Hinge Ale House - highly recommended.

Every (rain) cloud has a silver lining!

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:58 pm

Beau Nash wrote:From the Weston Super Mare school of management, no suggestion in social media of doubts about the game. Evil or Very Mad

Weather forecast is for rain ALL weekend...It will be interesting to see how City manage the updates on Monday?  I'll bet there will be regular updates from early morning.  cyclops

About a quarter of the pitch is very boggy but Andrew is determined the game will be on. It will dry tomorrow and hopefully the rain forecast for Monday comes very early which will enable the pitch to dry out for the game. Generally the condition is very good. The grass is quite lush.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Newman Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:15 pm

The refund process was quite a tortuous process.  The problem at Welling ( as with a number of grounds at this level) is that you have to pay at the gate before being able to access the bar area. You then had to retain a small ticket in order to obtain a refund. What was amusing was the process was being overseen by a security lady whose main interest was leaning against a wall whilst enjoying a fag.
Not sure what would have happened at TP in a similar late call-off situation but assume most people would have stayed in the bar area before considering entering the ground if there was any sort of concern over starting the game
As a season ticket holder it is not a problem but do we issue any sort of ticket to people who pay at the turnstile so that a refund  could be issued on the day?

Peter Newman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon_BOA Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:22 pm

There were 6 of us in the pub next door to the ground, as we were worried Welling wouldn't give refunds but would give a free game voucher or something. Glad they did at least give everyone their money back.

We don't give any tickets at TP for FA Cup games (like you I've got a season ticket) but I guess we'd give a refund on exiting the gate?

Jon_BOA

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:36 pm

I'm not sure what the answer is so I've asked the club to confirm. Watch this space!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:10 pm

Apparently if the club feel that there's a possibility of a late postponement or early abandonment then the turnstile operators will hand out special tickets for claiming refunds.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down