Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FA Cup prize money

4 posters

Go down

FA Cup prize money Empty FA Cup prize money

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:24 pm

So it looks like the prize pot has gone up rather nicely again this year. Those who have made it past the first two rounds have already got three-and-a-half grand added to their battle fund, and by the time we finally get to play in two rounds time it will have inflated up to 4.5k. If we don't do our usual thing of falling at the first hurdle to some plucky chancers from the shires, a nice little run to the first round proper could see us pocketing £24,500, and the possibility of even more if we bag a plumb draw and get on the telly. Surely it's our turn to have a little bit of cup glory again?

Have a look at what we stand to make from a few wins…

http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/more/prize-fund

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

FA Cup prize money Empty Re: FA Cup prize money

Post by cbtroman Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:32 pm

We need an FA Cup run this year. The club needs to be put on the map due to the new board/democratic structure. It needs publicity and so I am hoping for at least a place in the 1st round proper. The money increase is of course very welcome! League is always more important but if we lose yet again to a club two divisions below us then it won't be good!

cbtroman

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:06 pm

Quite agree. Interesting that the FA Cup winners' prize is equal to what Sunderland bagged for finishing bottom of the Premier League in May, plus of course £98m in tv fees. No wonder most of the top division treat the competition with contempt.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:52 pm

cbtroman wrote:We need an FA Cup run this year. The club needs to be put on the map due to the new board/democratic structure. It needs publicity and so I am hoping for at least a place in the 1st round proper. The money increase is of course very welcome! League is always more important but if we lose yet again to a club two divisions below us then it won't be good!

For me, a good cup run is more important in the short term than promotion for the reasons I've underlined. Plus there is also the added bonus of the revenue from the extra matches.
Surely the possibility of financial security (in the short term at least) offered by a good cup run are crucial in these early days as a Community Club. The club now has to be sustainable and not reliant on subsidies from Directors.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down