Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National South odds

+10
Major Icewater
comrade powell
Midsomer-steve
Roy D Hacksaw
Marc Monitor
2weirdtown
yuffie
stillmanjunior
pete mac
Luton Roman
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

National South odds - Page 2 Empty Re: National South odds

Post by LB Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:24 pm

comrade powell wrote:
kermit wrote:Without wishing to sound like Michael York.....we thought this time last season we could make the playoffs, but we all know how the first three matches turned out!
Yes, things look promising, but the league looks a lot stronger than last year.....don't put your house on a bet!
The first 10 games all look difficult to me......and the rest don't look easy.....I'm telling you Brian!

Wise words. Thank goodness the phoney war will soon be over and we can judge the team in some proper matches.

I agree with both Kermit and Martin, and hope we aren’t reading too much into the friendlies - we won the seven we probably expected to and similarly the loss to Exeter wasn’t really a surprise.

It is a difficult start, but recent seasons have proved the old ‘it is a marathon not a sprint’ adage - I think I am right in saying that we finished higher in the two seasons when we lost our first three games than we did in the one when we won the first six.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:30 pm

Marc Monitor wrote:TO be honest, Mark, I think I would go with your predictions more than the odds. You know the league better (certainly than me) and you aren't controlled by the idiosyncrasies of betting (I assume).

Haven't compared my table to the odds, admittedly in some of my FL ones I have when I didn't have enough idea. All just for fun, I do it every year.

Truro have lost their goalkeeper and a couple of others, not that you'd know it looking at their outdated pen-pics on their website. Think they've gone for Tyler Harvey's brother as his replacement for now* They stunned me last year but teams could benefit without the extra travel. Truro only failed to score at home once last season, can't see that being repeated. Only failed to score four times in total which was a league low. After their play-off heartbreak in 2016 they struggle, I can see a repeat. Bar their rise up the leagues, they rarely have back-to-back similar seasons, seem to go from contenders to freefall etc.

* reminds me, swear I saw Axel's brother had signed as a keeper on loan somewhere. Think it's Oxford City.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:04 am

LB wrote:t is a difficult start, but recent seasons have proved the old ‘it is a marathon not a sprint’ adage - I think I am right in saying that we finished higher in the two seasons when we lost our first three games than we did in the one when we won the first six.

If we want to bring that level of logic to it, we wait until the 42nd-46th game (depending on however the bloody play-offs work this year) but where's the fun in that?

Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2